Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

our new name and the site

How has the name change effected the ssite.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
So here we are a few months into our new site name. Disregarding the technical glitches associated with the server changes, do you think that after the name change the site is better, worse or no significant change. I have noticed a change for the better to some extent. In the last 4 or 5 months, we have gained some really good new members, our base membership has stepped up and are posting some great stuff, infighting and snide thinly veiled remarks have all but disappeared. A huge shout out to the members, Dan and Glenn

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
Well, the name is still Big Shots and hasn't changed yet. I find the site works well although sometimes I have difficulty getting in via my phone.
I do miss some of those who have left. We have a good bunch here and I appreciate the open discussion and the moderating is great, mostly because there is so little need for it!

Last edited:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I voted 'for the better' mainly because it has gleaned some interesting new members,
and those that have stayed have greatly contributed to keeping this site rolling along
in a friendly and non-combative manner. We all have our different opinions on many
subjects, but what I find pleasing is that the members here have been able to discuss
and debate them respectfully which makes it easy for the moderators.

:Good Post: and threads I ''LIKED'' each one :Oh Yeah!:. like everyone here,i too miss some of the members who left....we all see things a little different ,some more than others.......I' kind of see things black and white so lots of times its:Lips Are Sealed:.but I'm just one voice in the Wilderness.........for sure ,I don't miss the INFIGHTING B.S. that almost consumed the site...... everyone ,old members AND new, post some great things ,all over B.C, AND BEYOND. It really adds to making us a place of enjoyment...
be safe out there on the roads,ESPECIALLY after dark.....some folks celebrate the festive season EARLY then decide its O.K. to drive....

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I also have problems unless I cancel everything out, go to google and type in 'tnof.ca'
and then hit 'True North Outdoor Hunting Forum'
I also can't access it if I'm inside either the hospitals or doctor's offices unless
I ask for their wfi code but that is probably something to do with their carrying
a different service which overrides mine.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
I like the new site. I can now post pictures. I was not on the old site long enough to see a lot or get to know many. Other than I could not get on for the first 3 weeks after the change it has gone well down here. Thank you everyone.
Steve

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
I think the name at the top of the pages means little or nothing to us long-time members. It's the content that matters, and that content has improved a lot lately with the addition of 'quality' new members who are posting on a semi-regular basis. Add in some of our members who joined way back when that are resurfacing to post ad add to the discussions and I think we are better than before.

I wanted a name change since 2013 and have been a vocal proponent for that. I haven't exercised my right(s) as owner to just go ahead and do it because this is not that kind of place, but i am very happy that it has finally happened. I think that the new name shows that we are not bounded and held to just the borders of BC - it shows that we are thinking much broader than that. The name shows that we are truly an outdoors site for the North American continent.

The name also welcomes members from outside the borders of BC, outside the borders of even Canada - and that is a very good thing. My intent for this site is to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for any outdoor enthusiasts, be they hunters, fishers, trail riders, hikers, or campers. So far we are doing that.

I do not miss some of the chaff that got separated from the wheat. I do miss some of the members who (for whatever reason) have left the campfire - and I can only hope that they make their way back to us at some point in the future.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
It's very hard for me not to say more....I will say that the departure of some former members that
I believe to be internet friends has hurt me but I bare them no ill what so ever....a couple others,
not so much compassion.

blacktail

Custom Knives and Game Calls
yup looking at a site that has improved a little for the better.
I had a problem initially getting in on my phone and tablet but things have worked out.
There ar some great people here and it shows in the quality of posts

Thread starter #17

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
I have NP on my phone but I know HBC wont allow me to access it on some servers like BC Ferries, but I can access here on the ferry wi-fi :Maybe:

ape

I had a good laugh when I saw that all of this was happening. It reminded me of tiger woods back in the day when he was on top of his game. He was the number one in the world but was not happy with that and had to tinker with his swing over and over again. Thus began the spiral from number one on down the standings. Some people are just not happy with being very good and are searching to be the best at all cost. Then for a week or so I was unable to log on and had a good laugh at that, it was about then that I figured the site was similar to tiger. Just the way I saw it go down.

Bow Walker

I have never been a fan of the name Big Shots. Never was and never will be. I have not been happy with Go Daddy for a very long.

As we grow and mature we need to adapt and (if needs be) make changes for the better. I admit to making a hasty change of our Host Server when we left Slo-Daddy and went to another. Now, with the advice and help of our site Wizard we are going to be hosted with a server that has a great reputation for reliability and also for customer support. PLUS - they are less expensive than any we have been hosted by yet.

To me, that's a step in the right direction. We are still fairly young as internet sites go, but we are learning how to live and prosper on the internet.... or should I say that I am slowly learning how to function on the internet...(?)

Bow Walker

CS - Jim.... not to belittle your problems at all but, I think the issue might be because you are out in the boonies coupled with not-too-reliable cell phone service.

I tried to have a conversation with my sister while driving home from Montague the other night.... dropped the call about three times.....:Really Mad:

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
CS - Jim.... not to belittle your problems at all but, I think the issue might be because you are out in the boonies coupled with not-too-reliable cell phone service.

I tried to have a conversation with my sister while driving home from Montague the other night.... dropped the call about three times.....:Really Mad:
It happens when I'm in town and try to log on with my phone, best cell service available....for some reason it says the page isn't available. I'll try it again one day soon.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
I've had trouble with different browsers on my phone. I searched and tried a few until I found Opera.

It works - at least for me and my LG G6 Android phone.
I am using Chrome on my phone, tried to log on again last night and nothing. I Google and then try to open a link, it starts but the screen just stays white. Something is locking it up. Guess I'll only be on here when I'm on my home internet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom