Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Perplexed...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
One thing I have always wondered about is why the vast majority of humans
feel they should use drugs and alcohol to be able to have a good time. Since
the earliest evidence of human societies both alcohol and drugs were found
to be a part of their lives. In our present societies, alcohol, be it wine, beer, or
hard liquor, is really a big part of our economy. Now soft drugs are also taking
their place as a major part of our country's revenue. It's expected and actually
condoned at parties, especially the huge dances with live entertainers. The
Vancouver council is debating and looking for ways to allow the consumption of
Alcohol on it's public beaches next year. Again, I wonder why...why are we so
dependent on chemical mind altering to have a good time.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I take drugs for medicinal purpose and have the od drink because I enjoy it not to "loosen up" people who need help to have a good time never did make any sense to me. If you are going someplace that you need to drink/do drugs to enjoy, JUST STAY HOME. :Doh!:

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
I don't do drugs - never have and never will. BUT - I do enjoy a drink after a days work and I do enjoy a glass (or two) of wine with a dinner.

If I felt that I 'needed' a drink to be able to go somewhere or mix in with a certain crowd then I am with my brother-from-another-mother and I will just not go.

Life's too short and hard to obscure things with drugs and/or booze.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
""Again, I wonder why...why are we so
dependent on chemical mind altering to have a good time.""

That is a good question. Personally I can take it, or leave it, but I do enjoy my Captain and Coke or a nice cold beer.

gcreek

Beware of fat cooks and solictors for beer money!
Reaction score
One thing I have always wondered about is why the vast majority of humans
feel they should use drugs and alcohol to be able to have a good time. Since
the earliest evidence of human societies both alcohol and drugs were found
to be a part of their lives. In our present societies, alcohol, be it wine, beer, or
hard liquor, is really a big part of our economy. Now soft drugs are also taking
their place as a major part of our country's revenue. It's expected and actually
condoned at parties, especially the huge dances with live entertainers. The
Vancouver council is debating and looking for ways to allow the consumption of
Alcohol on it's public beaches next year. Again, I wonder why...why are we so
dependent on chemical mind altering to have a good time.

Dislike both in excess, they have ruined a lot of high quality folks. Not to say I don’t enjoy a drink occasionally but the line is drawn there.

I believe most people can’t stay high on their own life and need a crutch.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I would drink to forget. I can live with things now. I may have a drink once a week or once a month. Never crossed my mind to do drugs. I feel sorry for anyone that let's drink or drugs run their lives.
Steve

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
When I was a teenager a bunch of us formed a club and we had one heck of a good time without either booze or drugs. I personally began drinking when I got married as most of my wife’s family drank at their frequent gatherings. I all but stopped to set an example for my kids and have never regretted it. I have never touched illegal drugs and have a deep hatred toward them and anyone that sells them

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Many years ago I would drink to forget. I can live with things now. I may have a drink once a week or once a month. Never crossed my mind to do drugs. I feel sorry for anyone that let's drink or drugs run their lives.
Steve
Steve - I too used a bottle to forget (about 25 years ago) and that lasted about a month... used to drink enough so I could fall asleep without memories. After that month I just quit - realized that I didn't need booze to make me sleep and that it hurt too much the next day. Those memories are still there but they are controllable nowadays.

Top Bottom