Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Poor and entitled attitudes...

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Witnessed a perfect example of many Gen X and Millennial attitudes this morning. A man and woman were crossing the street with their leashed dog. Along comes a young woman driving well over the speed limit in a near new 'pocket rocket' car, and instead of slowing down to give the couple and dog enough time to finish crossing the street, she lays on the horn and actually speeds up, making them really hurry to get out of her way. Of course, there's no police around to deal with her.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Ignorance has no boundaries - it can affect anyone..... :Doh!:

Today I was driving along the highway from Summerside to Charleytown - doing about 100 kmh. Weather is a crisp 12 degrees with clear and sunny skies. From a side road and from a dead stop position, this vehicle pulls out onto the highway at a slow speed, when I am almost on top of it - it enters my lane (only a two lane highway at this point) and does not accelerate promptly or even quickly as anyone would when entering a highway. After all - there is a need to get your vehicle up to speed so as not to cause anyone undue braking, swerving, or other unnecessary procedures. Right?

Oh no - not this car...... I had to make a decision in a hellova hurry, swerve out into the oncoming lane (which was fortunately clear for at least 2 kilometres) or to brake hard, causing my wife to jerk forward against her seatbelt....

I chose to swerve out around the car to avoid a collision. I had backed off the gas and was slowing down but I would have still bumped into the car had I not swerved. On passing the vehicle my wife notices Ontario plates on the car and I noticed that the driver was a 'matronly' woman - not elderly, just matronly if you know what I mean. She had no idea that I was even there - let alone swerving around her.

stupid is as stupid does.... :hopelessness:

Not long after that I noticed that she had 5 or 6 cars backed up behind her when we came to a passing lane on the highway. I was able to notice this because I was not speeding - just cruising along and she was about 800 meters behind me....going at her preferred rate of speed and "damn the consequences!"

Vic

Reaction score
Witnessed a perfect example of many Gen X and Millennial attitudes this morning. A man and woman were crossing the street with their leashed dog. Along comes a young woman driving well over the speed limit in a near new 'pocket rocket' car, and instead of slowing down to give the couple and dog enough time to finish crossing the street, she lays on the horn and actually speeds up, making them really hurry to get out of her way. Of course, there's no police around to deal with her.
Were the couple with the dog jaywalking or crossing at an intersection. Not making excuses but maybe she was po'd that they were in the middle of the road where they should not have been.

Last edited:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Were the couple with the dog jaywalking or crossing at an intersection. Not making excuses but maybe she was po'd that they were in the middle of the road where they should not have been.
They were crossing at an intersection, not jaywalking, and as there is a slight hump to the road,
they couldn't have possibly seen her coming at the speed she was going. The driver was going
much too fast for the situation as there are 3 side streets all within one block entering onto the
through street as well as the restricted vision created by the hump in the road she was driving.
This through street services several subdivisions from the direction she was coming from and not
much more so it's a very good bet she was very familiar with the area, as well as knowing that many
pedestrians, including small school children have to cross that street. It's the same place I've
witnessed others like her purposely pass stopped school buses with all their red lights flashing and
a mechanical arm sticking out to warn vehicles to stop. One day a child or someone is going to get
run over by the likes of her and it will be everyone's fault but her's.

Reactions: Vic
Top Bottom