Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Quesnel Lake Adventure

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Reaction score
Thirty years ago I took my lady fishing on the Sunshine Coast for our honeymoon. This last week we spent at a private cabin on Quesnel Lake to celebrate our Anniversary . Only had our small boat , so had to watch the weather , so as not to get caught too far from base. Actually had some glass smooth water , on a couple days and got too explore the depths.

IMG_1037.JPG

Hooked the bottom , wait , that doesn't feel like bottom !

IMG_1043.JPG

Up from the deep, a beautiful 8 pound Lake Trout ! :Oh Yeah!:
And a little while later, another " Beauty " from below .................................... :Yikes!:

IMG_1044.JPG

A fair bit of action for a rooky trip on the big lake.
Back at the cabin , had to remember all the tips we were told to deal with these fresh fish.

IMG_1049.JPG

Good thing , that these ugly fish taste good ..................

See food picture in "What is everyone eating tonight"

A great get away trip , one to remember , wonder where we will go in another thirty years ???

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
First off - Congratulations on the anniversary Gary. :Hi:

Secondly - your 'small' boat looks to be very well set up for both top water and deep water fishing. :Oh Yeah!:

Thirdly - there ain't nothin' like fresh caught trout or cod for the pan..... Well Done! :Yee Ha:

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Reaction score
Thanks Dan ! Happy wife , Happy life ....................... she loves to fish :Heh, heh, heh:

The little boat is set up fairly well , just can't handle much for weather ....................

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Reminds me of the duck punt me and my brothers had,...

Two hefty guys in all the cold weather clothing plus chest waders, all the decoys, guns, ammo for the whole day, lunches, coffee, etc....and we were running about 4 inches of freeboard when we were rowing across the bay(s).

A little wind and we were bailing hard.

The dumb things we used to do....:Doh!:

Top Bottom