Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

QUOTE of the day

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

• Admin

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
So we already have a picture of the day thread, how about a quote of the day thread.

I'll start.

The Duke- Don’t pick a fight, but if you find yourself in one, I suggest you make damn sure you win.

Johnny G1

Reaction score
It boggle's my mind about the Malahat with a couple in's of snow, shut it down, hell in 1970 2 of us use to keep it open all winter with single axel trucks from Langford north plus look after the rest of the rds in Cobble Hill, kinda wonder what kind of driver's they got today??? and we got snow in them day's too.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
CERTAINLY food for thought !!!!! back in the old country, we never had 4x4s ...just old full size cars (Real cars with v-8 power).
hell, worn old tires ,usually of different make......we somehow survived 6+ months of the white stuff!!!!!
my 4x4 f150 is ''buried in the drive way''. its staying there until the snow departs:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
CERTAINLY food for thought !!!!! back in the old country, we never had 4x4s ...just old full size cars (Real cars with v-8 power).
hell, worn old tires ,usually of different make......we somehow survived 6+ months of the white stuff!!!!!
my 4x4 f150 is ''buried in the drive way''. its staying there until the snow departs:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
My youngest sister is not the best of drivers and yet when she lived in Terrace, a town that often
gets buried in snow, she got around with an old 1958 Pontiac station wagon while driving on bald tires.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Back in the 70s I had a GF who lived above the gun range in Mission. One weekend after working for 10 days in Burns Lake I cane down to visit her, The road up the hill was closed due to snow. The cop at the bottom looked at my '67 Travelall and said well you have 4WD a winch and chains, you can try it if you like. He said if you can get up could you pull the 2 cruisers out of the ditch. The wrecker can't get up. I pulled both Cruisers out and made it to the GF's place NP. That old IHC was very recognizable and I was never bothered by the cops in Mission when I was driving it.

Top Bottom