Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Rabbit hound

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:18)

BCButcher

Reaction score
This is my kid a few years ago with our dog buddy. Buddy’s a beagle/ heeler cross. He’s got a great nose and lives to chase snowshoe hare. He tracks them and barks, all you need to do is wait for them to flush. I remember this was the winter my kid started to get consistent with his grandpas old cooey 22A0456A4A-8F3F-4330-9EFC-416F01A48C8C.jpeg

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
When I was young teenager I used to hunt rabbits during the winter. I had a great and supporting mother
who would cook up anything I brought home (regardless as to what it was or if it had been 'acquired'.)
There were quite a few domestic rabbits running around the area which made for larger and better eating fare.
One such rabbit was a huge white one that I had tried to trap without success so I 'borrowed' my dad's 22 and
shot it. My mom and I skinned it out etc and she cooked for Easter dinner. None of my other 6 siblings would
eat it because they thought I had shot the Easter bunny. No problem, my mom and I diced it up and served it
in stew a couple of days later. When it was known what we had done they never forgave me. Even now after
about 60 years they frown when the subject is brought up.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
This is my kid a few years ago with our dog buddy. Buddy’s a beagle/ heeler cross. He’s got a great nose and lives to chase snowshoe hare. He tracks them and barks, all you need to do is wait for them to flush. I remember this was the winter my kid started to get consistent with his grandpas old cooey 22View attachment 19661
Now there's a proud young fellow!

Top Bottom