Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Re the recent rifle re-raffle...

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that there might be a concern about the transparency surrounding the re-raffling of the rifle because original winner wished to remain anonymous. I, Big Lew, Dave Hertslet, was the winner. I in no way wanted anyone to feel that there was anything underhanded going on. I asked that the rifle be re- raffled for Two reasons...first and foremost is the real possibility that I won’t get a chance to enjoy it, and secondly I wanted to give this site an opportunity to glean a bit more money to keep it afloat. My decision was not influenced in any way by any fellow members, and especially by those running the site. I hope this will satisfy any curiosity about possible alternative motives.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Thank you Dave, be known we would have went to the wall to protect your anonymity, You are a great member and I consider you a great friend as well. Thank you for your ongoing support and friendship. To the membership I hope everyone is happy now, this was Big Lew's decision to come forward, but now it is clear there was no shenanigans on the part of Dan or the site I want it made perfectly clear that any anonymous donations to the site in the future will remain anonymous period, we will respect all donors reasonable wishes. Thank You.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Thank you Dave, be known we would have went to the wall to protect your anonymity, You are a great member and I consider you a great friend as well. Thank you for your ongoing support and friendship. To the membership I hope everyone is happy now, this was Big Lew's decision to come forward, but now it is clear there was no shenanigans on the part of Dan or the site I want it made perfectly clear that any anonymous donations to the site in the future will remain anonymous period, we will respect all donors reasonable wishes. Thank You.
EXACTLY MY SENTIMENTS! :Behave:

No one will either coerce or bully me into giving out a person's identity once I have given my word to keep said identity anonymous. NO ONE.

I am stubborn (as some already know) and I am ADAMANT about this.

adamant-1.jpg

Top Bottom