Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Recent driving holidays-just what my dog needed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
My lab has always become overly anxious if sitting in a moving cab yet he's perfectly happy riding
on his elevated bed inside the canopy. Well, on my drive back and forth from Mesa, and my current
holiday driving on Vancouver Island, I've had him in the cab, bulking up the passenger's seat so that
he can just look out and forward while lying down. Although he still has his whining moments, he's
finally getting used to the whole scenario. It's actually quite amusing listening to his melody of
whining noises now because he doesn't seem stressed, just loving his vocals like a little kid.
Unfortunately I can't drop in to see Jim this trip, but in reality, I was dreading the razzing I expected
when he saw how spoiled and out of shape my dog currently is, lol!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Good on ya Dave for going that 'extra mile; for your 4-footed pal. :Hi:

Ours are very comfortable in the back seat and love to travel.... they only get fidgety and/or whine when they need a P break... :highly_amused:

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
I like DAVE'S custom ''bed'' for his co-pilot on the front seat.........really enjoyed our lunch.......too bad we had only a short time to chat..

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
My dog's setup is basically a bunch of seat cushions, lounge chair pads, and a heavy
tightly woven blanket folded many times which is all on the reclined passenger's seat.
It raises him high enough so that he can see out the front, but it leaves him low enough
that his chest will hit the padded dash rather then put him into the window if there's a crash.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Nice to meet you yesterday Dave . . . .
Happy trails !
Likewise! Sometimes I feel a bit of an outsider when attending gatherings of seasoned
hunters and salt chuck fishermen, but everyone, including you, made me feel welcome
for which I'm very grateful, thanks. Time seemed to go by way too fast. Best wishes.

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
BIG LEW, we do like to hunt and fish but , there is so much more..''outdoor forums'' I find it extraordinary how you have ridden so many places on your bike .....our talk about LINCOLN CITY Oregon.....you are no outsider by any stretch of the imagination ...... lots to learn from you.... heck,we still have so much more to discuss !!!
:Here's To Ya:..glenn

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
BIG LEW, we do like to hunt and fish but , there is so much more..''outdoor forums'' I find it extraordinary how you have ridden so many places on your bike .....our talk about LINCOLN CITY Oregon.....you are no outsider by any stretch of the imagination ...... lots to learn from you.... heck,we still have so much more to discuss !!!
:Here's To Ya:..glenn
What I meant was that I have been mostly a solo hunter for most of my life unless hunting with my dad, a brother, or my wife rather than with large groups hunting from elaborate hunting camps and I’m not a gun collector or knowledge about ballistics etc

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
I too,hunt alone......98.6% of the time.......less chance of being shot !!:ROFL:
the group hunts have ALWAYS been about the costs involved.... split 4 ways for fuel,food,.(Long way,north of FT.NELSON). YA,the BIG luxury LOG HOUSE/CABIN /2 FLOORS at TUNKWA LAKE is nice after a long day afield......(Savona-Logan lake area)but pricy.......
I camp and hunt alone because I can get up/sleep...gold pan or whatever,when I want .
but its all good.......can one imagine if we were ALL the same........would be like a bunch of liberals......one train of thought.....nothing new or interesting to learn .

Top Bottom