Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Reverse billing...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Well, I just picked up my mail that accumulated during the last 2+ weeks and within the bundle
are 2 letters from our government related to the latest tax grab from property owners.
Apparently they were serious in insisting on 'reverse billing' this potential tax. If the owner(s)
named don't respond and apply for an exception (which the government suggests 99% qualify for)
then they will charge the owners the tax. I can only assume that the government is hoping many
either neglect to make the deadline, don't receive the letter, or don't fully realize the consequences
of not responding. I think any and all 'reverse billing' should be illegal. I also think this is a totally shady
way to do business. Shame of them!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
I was (and still am) under the impression that 'reverse billing' tactics were deemed illegal quite a while back. Is this not so?

Or are there special dispensations for the government?

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I was (and still am) under the impression that 'reverse billing' tactics were deemed illegal quite a while back. Is this not so?

Or are there special dispensations for the government?
Since when did any government follow their own rules?
They've obviously never heard of the saying, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander."

savageone

Reaction score
Well, I just picked up my mail that accumulated during the last 2+ weeks and within the bundle
are 2 letters from our government related to the latest tax grab from property owners.
Apparently they were serious in insisting on 'reverse billing' this potential tax. If the owner(s)
named don't respond and apply for an exception (which the government suggests 99% qualify for)
then they will charge the owners the tax. I can only assume that the government is hoping many
either neglect to make the deadline, don't receive the letter, or don't fully realize the consequences
of not responding. I think any and all 'reverse billing' should be illegal. I also think this is a totally shady
way to do business. Shame of them!
You might have something there, I haven't received a letter for a rental house so I phoned them begining of february was told to wait two weeks 'cause they were still mailing letters out for the next two weeks. phoned back begining of march and got the same answer. :Doh!::No need to say more

Top Bottom