Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Rewind 25 years

Thread starter #1

olympia

Long-Time Member
25 years ago this time of the year what were you up to? I was still in high school, grade 10ish, dreaming about cars and getting my license. I would of been hunkered down in my room reading western novels by Zane Grey.

Thread starter #5

olympia

Long-Time Member
Yep Nanaimo is in our back yard. But it's a whole different world here. On a clear summer night if the breeze is just right you can hear the banjos dueling lol
I was in Nanaimo about 10 years ago, When a few of us went out at night we found some pretty rough looking bars lol. There was this one bar with a brick alleyway and when I went inside for a drink I didn't even wanna sit down on their chairs lol. I had one drink played pool and left to the next. Even the pool cues were slippery with old sweat or something lol. But when I went to Parksville I loved it, stayed at some place called tigh na mara

Thread starter #8

olympia

Long-Time Member
Twenty five years ago I was beginning my training to ride my 18 spd mountain bike up Vancouver Island
in March to Port Hardy, catch the ferry to Prince Rupert and over to Haida Gwaii to spend 4 days riding
about, and then ride from Prince Rupert to Prince George and south.
You were quite the adventurous person I've noticed over the years Dave.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
You were quite the adventurous person I've noticed over the years Dave.
I wish I had begun my bicycle touring many years earlier...but I'm not complaining, I rode many thousands of miles as it is.
Now I stick to motoring. I just returned from a 6745 km tour down south and back.
Now if the clock was wound back 59 years to Easter, I would have been on my first
bicycle tour with a school buddy up the Fraser Canyon to Cache Creek, catching the
train back to Mission because his new bike broke down. Not many 14 year olds did
that sort of thing by themselves back then.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Looks like there is a wide age group here. 25 years ago I was just finishing my last year of under graduate school. I was a late starter to college. I was 15 years out of high school when I started college. Was married with 2 daughters. I have sense earned graduate degrees and spent 12 years teaching part time for different colleges and universities.
Steve

25 years ago...

I would have been sitting in my office in Inuvik, gazing out the window, and cheering for the sun to come up again after a lengthy absence.
I would have been planning that year's field operations and visits to whaling/ sealing & fishing camps.
And likely, in the background of my mind, planning more hunting & fishing forays over the wide expanse of the Western Arctic...

Those were FUN days. :Oh Yeah!:
Miss them, miss working in the field I was trained in, but sure as hell don't miss the cold!

Cheers,
Nog

jtred

25 years ago I was I was saving money working on the oil rigs in n. Alberta for my year in Australia. Bought an old Toyota Corona at auction in Melbourne and drove right around the country and up the middle. Ended up meeting my future wife in Broome and then again in Darwin. We then headed off to Indonesia separately and met up again on Lombok to travel around together for most of a month. I turned 25 in Australia. Spent the better part of my twenties travelling and working around the world.

Jtred, nothing like a 1/2 dozen ''DARWIN-STUBBIES'' to set the world right !!!

25 years ago, probably on some dilapidated gillnetter or seiner,smelling like diesel and wishing I was in Vermont !!!!!!!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom