Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

RIFLE RE-RAFFLE!!

• Admin

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
The winner of the rifle has donated it back to the site so that it might be re-raffled to someone who would get more use from the gun. MANY, MANY thanks to that winner. :Hi:

SO....

RIFLE RE-RAFFLE

THIS ONE WILL RUN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30th AND WILL END AT MIDNIGHT, PACIFIC DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.

TICKETS ARE THE USUAL $5.00 EACH
BUT - YOU CAN GET 5 CHANCES ON THIS RAFFLE FOR ONLY $20.00

Karl Gustav 30-06 rifle
Timney r/h safety
Refinished metal and wood
Bedded action with an extra recoil lug installed
3 lb trigger pull
Bushnell 3-9x40 scope.

1566592380232.png

1566592399792.png

• Admin

Bow Walker

Reaction score
This rifle is worth the price of a few tickets just for the workmanship on the refinish and re-blue job(s) alone! :applause:

Not to mention that it is THE most popular caliber that I can think of. Perfect rifle for the North American hunter. :Oh Yeah!:

• Admin

Bow Walker

Reaction score
JUMP ON-BOARD GUYS - WE HAVE ANOTHER RAFFLE BUILDING AND DEVELOPING FOR WHEN THIS ONE GETS DRAWN... :Heh, heh, heh:

CAN'T SAY ANYTHING MORE RIGHT NOW THOUGH....... :OH-OH:

• Admin

Bow Walker

Reaction score
One last kick at the can....Money sent for 5
Ya never know your luck Jordan....
PM inbound.

$40 headed your way.......It’s says you don’t need a security answer
Got it Nipper...
I think once the bank's system recognizes names - or I deposit EMT's into just the one account - it goes into auto mode. Not too sure, but it works. :not sure:
PM on its way sir.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
She/He asked to remain anonymous. But they will definitely see any thanks posted here the gesture was very much appreciated so we will honor the request for anonymity.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
If we tell ya we'd have to kill ya! Then what the heck are we gonna do with the body?!? :Heh, heh, heh:

So - in the interests of not having to "garden" too much - we'll keep mum. Suffice to say that it was a bit of a surprise but in retrospect it is understandable. We are VERY thankful for the re-gift of the prize and also to be able to offer it up to someone else.

THANK YOU MS., MRS., MR., YOUNG SIR!! WHOMEVER and WHEREVER YOU ARE. :Hi:

uncle nip

Reaction score
Got my numbers
Many thanks to the original donator of the rifle and who ever won the rifle and donated it back.
Hopefully one of these days our paths will cross and we can have a chat , share a lunch on the side of the road , or have a beer and chat around a fire and bullshit about our travels at the end of the day.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Biggy will figure out the EMT thing. We don't call him "Rainman" for nothing. 143, yah 143, that's it yah 143.

robert5

Reaction score
Going to try and send you an EMT for $40, let me know if it works. Least I can do seeing as I won a prize on the
first round.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
21 days left lets do the generous donor justice and show him/her it is appreciated. still tickets up for grabs

Bow Walker

Reaction score
This rifle - the 30-06 - is THE most common caliber on the continent..... I know so, because I just said so. :Heh, heh, heh:

AND - it will kill anything that you care to hunt - right from beheading grouse (which I have done) on up to the seriously dangerous Alaskan Brown bear.....and anything in between.

WHO WOULD NOT WANT ONE OF THESE IN HIS/HER CABINET!?! :What?:

Ammo is so readily available that it is ridiculous. :Oh Yeah!:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
F.Y.I. for all our members....

I have been asked to reveal the winner's name (yet again) so that those who are not sure the winner was (or is) an actual person, and that this is just not a scam can be reassured of the site's integrity.

I have to repeat that I gave my word not to disclose the name. I will not publicize the name of the winner who so generously donated the gun back to us with the stipulation that we run a one month re-raffle and get the rifle into the hands of someone who will give it the use that it deserves.

stevo911

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
F.Y.I. for all our members....

I have been asked to reveal the winner's name (yet again) so that those who are not sure the winner was (or is) an actual person, and that this is just not a scam can be reassured of the site's integrity.
Jeeze, for real?
I'm trying to decide whether this is totally laughable or irritating, or both.
I guess everyone here doesn't have the privilege of knowing those who run the site, but they're about as stand-up of a group of guys as I've ever met...

Last edited:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
OK this from the Donor, I hope we can now get on with selling a few more tickets and help honor Big Lew and his generosity.

"It has come to my attention that there might be a concern about the transparency surrounding the re-raffling of the rifle because original winner wished to remain anonymous. I, Big Lew, Dave Hertslet, was the winner. I in no way wanted anyone to feel that there was anything underhanded going on. I asked that the rifle be re- raffled for Two reasons...first and foremost is the real possibility that I won’t get a chance to enjoy it, and secondly I wanted to give this site an opportunity to glean a bit more money to keep it afloat. My decision was not influenced in any way by any fellow members, and especially by those running the site. I hope this will satisfy any curiosity about possible alternative motives."

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
this is excellent and in spite of Big Lew wanting to be anonymous, I was on another site when accusations started flying and I for one am glad to see who the generous person redonating the rifle is..this is a small site and in keeping with the naming peoples names on their first post we shouldn't have any need for secrets....Thanks for ensuring the site is beyond reproach big lew

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Jeeze, for real?
I'm trying to decide whether this is totally laughable or irritating, or both.
I guess everyone here doesn't have the privilege of knowing those who run the site, but they're about as stand-up of a group of guys as I've ever met...
You'd be amazed Steve...:Doh!:

Thank you Dave for stepping in and naming yourself. I am very sorry that it came to this. There was absolutely no need for you to identify yourself because Jim and I gave our word to keep you anonymous. If those who doubt and distrust are that affected by not naming the donor - well....don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out to report to Mike, Chris, or others....

I REALLY hope that those who were suspicious can now relax.

END OF RANT - sorry.... :Black Eye:

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
I am VERY PROUD to have met BIG LEW/Dave at JIM'S BBQ early this year.....he is exactly like he ''posts''. a warm hearted man who has ''been there/done that'' but is modest to a fault...any man on a bicycle who stares down a grizzly is the type of person I KNOW has all the ''right stuff''!!!
Blessings on you DAVE for giving the guys the OK on exposing you as the winner..... damn, I wish I had 1/2 your CLASS.!!!
best regards glenn

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
12 days left to the draw, a great rifle re-upped by an awesome member. Lets do Big Lew proud and get a few more tickets sold before the 30th, who doesn't need an '06 (or 2 or 3)

Bow Walker

Reaction score
That scam that I just managed to dodge caused a glitch in the e-transfer of funds for a day or so - but it is all sorted now and we are good to go.

Apparently I am eligible for auto-deposit on EMT's Who knew? :Maybe:

Sure makes it easier though. :Oh Yeah!:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
That scam that I just managed to dodge caused a glitch in the e-transfer of funds for a day or so - but it is all sorted now and we are good to go.

Apparently I am eligible for auto-deposit on EMT's Who knew? :Maybe:

Sure makes it easier though. :Oh Yeah!:
Yep auto deposit is the bomb :Oh Yeah!:

Top Bottom