Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

RIFLE RE-RAFFLE!!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
The 30th is a Monday..... I should (and will) do the draw before 5 p.m. West Coast time zone. :Oh Yeah!:

That gives me until 9 p.m. 'real' time hehehehe.... :kewl:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
I will go in for 5 please. Let me know where to send the money.

Thanks BW
Steve - do you mean my mailing address?

Or do you mean for an EMT?

An EMT can be done using my email address - bow08walker12@gmail.com

If you want my mailing address - just drop me a PM or an email and I will give it to you. :Oh Yeah!:

stevo911

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Steve is that you? What you sayin
yessireee, smack dab in the middle of my lot of numbers. Funnily enough I've never had (or even fired) a 30-06, but after my 30-30 busted scope fiasco last fall I just can't look at my marlin the same way, so was thinking of selling it and getting a different 30 cal...

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I wish to thank all the members that bought tickets for the "re-raffle."
Hopefully it made a bit of a difference to the site's coffers.
If I'm around when the next raffle is held, I intend to buy tickets and donate them to other members
that participate rather than buy them for myself. I really don't need anything, do like to contribute
to the site, don't want to cause any controversy, and it's fun to see someone else win.

blacktail

Custom Knives and Game Calls
Reaction score
yessireee, smack dab in the middle of my lot of numbers. Funnily enough I've never had (or even fired) a 30-06, but after my 30-30 busted scope fiasco last fall I just can't look at my marlin the same way, so was thinking of selling it and getting a different 30 cal...
JM Marlin? How much?

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Congrats Steve, give me a shout and we can arrange the hand off. I will be in Vic for Dr. appointment on the 9th or we can do something before hand.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
congrats STEVE,
as you will find,in short order,the '06 is all the cartridge you will ever need in North America.....i should have taken my own advise after selling BOTH My 06 !!!!! 100 to 250 grainers, it just plain works !!!!!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Each gun likes a specific factory ammo better than others.
My Parker-Hale 30-06 shoots Hornady 165 gr SST Light Magnum and Superformance in consistantly
tighter groups than any others I've tried. As a bonus, they are fast and have one of the flatter trajectories
available which gives me a fair amount of confidence even though I'm not normally a long distance shooter.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
One man's ''long distance" is another man's justifiable range for shooting.

To me (and my dependable vortex optics) my comfort zone is out to about 400 yards - and that 'long' distance is ONLY if the animal is calm, unaware of its impending fate, and the wind is not snorting a gale.....

Long distance shooting depends on SO MANY factors that it deserves a section/thread/forum of its own.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I like shooting distance at gongs almost to the Magic 1000 yd marker with my 7mm or 257 Wby. That being said I draw the line at 4-500 yds on animals(except wolves and yotes with my 257) If I can see 'em I can shoot 'em, lol. Depends on the rifle. Most of my bolt guns and my 2 BLRs(270 and 325) I will shoot out to at least 400 yds, my lever thumpers I draw the line at about 200 yds. Just a note if interest. We were shooting gongs with the 44/45 lever guns, to hit the gong(or close to it, we were aiming about 12' high.

Top Bottom