Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Selling a restricted firearm

Thread starter #1

philcott

Mucho Gusto
So, I'm not in the habit of selling firearms, never mind a restricted one. What are the required steps? Can someone link me to the process?

Thanks.

Still not sure if I'm selling just testing the water.

Johnny G1

When I sold my last restricted they took away my restricted license, they told me that as I don't own any hand guns I don't need it anymore, I had those hand guns since 1974, if I want to buy another one I would have to go through all the courses and paper work, told her my next one would be bought on the street if that was the case, lots of criminal's don't have the paper work, she was not impressed. New Brunswick for you?????

Walter

Long-Time Member
That is un real ! If you sell your truck they don't take away your drivers license.... ?? These fnn people , all of them that are behind the switch , Politicians , RCMP administrators , all of em are so messed up when it comes to our legal right to own , they should be tarred and feathered.

stevo911

Long-Time Member
Phil, my pro tip:
When you call the rcmp, do it between 430 and 5pm. It's the same call center canada wide, but they are only "open" to numbers coming from each time zone during 9-5 (or whatever their posted hours are), so we, being the last time zone, get the call centre all to ourselves for the last hour of their day. (I've tested it a bunch of times, hour + On hold in the after noon, or straight through in the evening)

Slinky Pickle

Long-Time Member
That is un real ! If you sell your truck they don't take away your drivers license.... ??
That's almost happened to me. I have a class 5,6 (2 axle vehicle and motorcycle) license with an air endorsement. A couple of renewals ago, I was asked if I still had a motorcycle and I said that at the time, no I didn't. They asked if they could remove the 6 from my license as I wasn't using it. I had to explain that this was a temporary state and that I would have a bike again soon. I'm not sure if this happens often but I was quite surprised when they tried it on me.

stevo911

Long-Time Member
So the moral of the story is, always have a handgun in the vault!
There's a people selling stripped AR lowers, and stripped Tokarev frames, either one for under 100 bucks. It's the serialized part and as such counts as being an full firearm. If the laws change it could get you grandfathered too!

KH4

Yes, AK look alikes are still much more evil than AR's.... I've been debating getting some items that would be on the table to get grandfathered as they get prohibited, etc.

interesting, as I know 3 people who have taken ther ''restricted course'' in the past year but only 1 has actually ''purchased a restricted''. does one get their licence fee back?? if they sell ALL their restricted......seems a little odd to me.......like the 12/6 prohib. B.S they pulled on us.
as for the motorcycle Endorsement, sold my last 2 NORTONS some years ago but ride my son in laws HARLEYS...So my Endorcement is still needed..... have not driven my f 150 in over 10 days,wonder if they will be knocking on my door to take my plates AND licence??????

Last edited:

gunseller

I have not driven a motorcycle in 20 years. I also have not driven a truck in 4 years. As long as I pay the extra money for my drivers license they will let me keep the enforcements. Down here it is mostly fallow the money. As long as fed government or state gov gets money most things are OK
Steve

stevo911

Long-Time Member
For anyone trying to sell anything that requires calling, earmark a lot of time for it. Tried initiating a transfer last week, 35 calls placed to the CFO over the span of two days, the system wouldn't even let me go on hold due to "high call volume"and hung up on me. 35 times :/

Trinity

When I sold my last restricted they took away my restricted license, they told me that as I don't own any hand guns I don't need it anymore, I had those hand guns since 1974, if I want to buy another one I would have to go through all the courses and paper work, told her my next one would be bought on the street if that was the case, lots of criminal's don't have the paper work, she was not impressed. New Brunswick for you?????
My adult kids are coming up on their 3rd renewal and all three have their restricted status and have never owned a firearm in the restricted class, yet haven't been questioned about it, is this a new thing?

Top Bottom