Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Shindig at the ole corral...

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Well, got the truck packed and ready to head over to join "The Rock" Rendezvous of bonafide
red necks, woodsmen, saltchuckers, and old cowboys. Hoping to catch the 10:40 am ferry.
If I miss it I won't worry though, I have 4 nice pies to tide me over, lol!

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
:Yee Ha:its not that I am working overtime as amature ''sparky'',plumber and carpenter, I've really been drinking lots of water and ''fasting'' for the ''snacks'' OLE -OLE-:Yee Ha::Yee Ha:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Scramble Time. Damn alternator decided to crap out in my truck late yesterday.
Managed to find one in town.
Now to get all greasy and fumble with my old tools for a couple hours...
Any luck and we'll be seeing y'all tomorrow...

Nog

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
Reaction score
Wish I was going. Gonna be some good eats I am sure. Maybe it will work out one day when I am in the rock. Have fun!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Love to see everyone having a good day on the deck - plenty of food and plenty of refreshments.

Thanks for posting Steve. :Here's To Ya:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
What a great get together. We had the pleasure of hosting Dave(Big Lew) and Tuk for a couple of days(Thanks for all your help Dave).
The food was seemingly never ending.
Matt/Linda(Mr and Mrs Nog)--some great smoked fish
Steve(Finadict) was responsible for some awesome "appy" plates (sausage cheese smoked fish crackers etc)
Dave/Jeanie(Mr and Mrs Vettman) arrived on their Harley with Delux Nachos galore in the trailer
Glenn/Jackie(Mr and Mrs Nahmint) brought 2 big plates of deviled eggs and a couple of special libations (to be discussed later)
CC put out all the fixins for tacos along with beef/pork and of course the Halibut fried in Panco crumbs. And I produced a pot of "Mexican Strawberries"
And Last but certainly far from least Dave(Big Lew) took care of desert with 4, count em 4 pies(apple, peach, Boo Berry and cheery)

Great day, great company lots of good discussion.

More to come latter.

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
Great is o.k., but I think FANTASTIC would describe the FEAST!!!!!!!!
everyone enjoyed themselves and to echo JIM, a BIG thank you to the folks who served the endless treats.....JIM being too modest,. he deep fried some AWSOME Halibut ...so good, no added sauce etc. was required.
I did look after our critters on arriving home,then layed down just before 8p.m. awoke about 11.30 p.m
had a shower and then slept until 9 a.m. Thanks again,everyone who part took in the fun....and BIG LEW'S PIES!!!!!!! life IS good when around good people !!!!

Last edited:

NAHMINT II

Reaction score

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Well, after a round-a-bout path from the Ferry, We made it home in good shape.
That gathering was absolutely wonderful! So much good food, and so many friendly
people. I really enjoyed the 'Shindig.'
Most of all though, I want to thank 'Foxton Gundogs' (Jim) and 'CC' for inviting me into
their fine house, for providing Tuk and I complete use of their secondary suite and dog yard,
and for treating me so kindly....one of the best times I've enjoyed while visiting non relatives.
Two very generous and 'down to earth' people. Jim has hooked up with an incredible and
spunky gal.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Now THAT was Some Fun!! :Oh Yeah!:
Really good to see some Buddies (Like Mike but with an L?) and make a few new ones!

Wish we did not have to depart as early as we did, was just getting into it!
Ah, but both the old dawg at home, and the one who made it there were due for pill time. Dammit!
Going to have to make a point of sticking it right out one of these days!

Happy I didn't crush that beauty of a bike on the way out!! :Don't Go There:

Cheers & Thanks!
Matt & Linda

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to FG and CC for their wonderful hospitality and great venue. You have a beautiful ranch and we couldn't ask for a better place for the O.F.B.S.L.R.N.A meeting (Right hand raised up , palm forward.....; "Hi, My name is Finaddict and I am an O.F.B.S.L.R.N", Its been 2 months since my last meeting.....") .

The food was an epicurean delight and my complements to the many chefs. The locale and the company was first class

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
I was just resting my eyes !!!!!!!!
I might just add, for a ''site'' that was doomed to fail ( by changing its name and of poor ''management'' ) T.N.O.F. has become the best damn place to ''hang yer hat''. First class people ,what else would you expect !!!!! proud to be here....

vetteman

Reaction score
Now THAT was Some Fun!! :Oh Yeah!:
Really good to see some Buddies (Like Mike but with an L?) and make a few new ones!

Wish we did not have to depart as early as we did, was just getting into it!
Ah, but both the old dawg at home, and the one who made it there were due for pill time. Dammit!
Going to have to make a point of sticking it right out one of these days!

Happy I didn't crush that beauty of a bike on the way out!! :Don't Go There:

Cheers & Thanks!
Matt & Linda
I'm pretty happy you didn't either!
Really great day.

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
Having Another early lunch then ''back at it ''!!!! but thinking about the ''last'' meeting sure makes one appreciate having good folks as friends....sorry HEADLICE and 358Win. (Greg and Rick) missed out... will be hard to duplicate that ''experience'' but will do our best.....mabe get to meet JORDAN at the next one...

Top Bottom