Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

SOLD

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:18)

• Admin

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
SOLD!! was told this rifle was a 222 but come to find out it is a 222 Mag. Sako Vixen action with integral bases and bull barrel, The stock is a beautifully inlayed custom thumbhole with awesome figuring. MUST BE SEEN(pix do no justice), I give it an 11 out of 10 A steal at $1500 PART Trade considered

The some trades considered would be Winchester Model 94(pre 64) in 32 Special, Marlin JM in 35 Remington, Cheap 223 bolt gun(Axis etc.) Mares Leg in 44Mag or 45LC or 243 in a A Bolt II, Vanguard OR Model 70

222.jpg
222a.jpg
222b.jpg

Last edited:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
So explain to me Buddy - just WTH is a 222 Mag?
Ain't saying I am familiar with them all, but never even heard of this one?

Perhaps a comparative pix of a regular 222??

Wondering...
Nog

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Ah. I see.
Found another too:

From left: .222 Remington, .223 Remington and .222 Remington Magnum
So a bit zippier than the 223. Interesting. Even as interesting that I have never heard of this one before now. :Maybe:
Wonder what it's like to find fodder for it these days?

Nice rifle alright. Bet it would be DEADLY on yotes & rats of the sea...
I'd need to win the lottery though... small wink

Cheers,
Nog

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
.222Rem. and .222Rem. mag. 2 completely different animals.......
either one would work for me.........
AND .if I were to win any lottery,it would be ''ground-coffee'' -no more of my COWBOY COFFEE for me !!!
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Walleye King

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
It's funny how Remington would release the 222 Remington and the 222 Remington Magnum. I can see the 223 being released due to it's military background making it a sure fire success. I remember seeing a 222 Remington Magnum of some sort at a gun show a long time ago but can't recall what it was. Certainly didn't look like yours does Jim.

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
Its one of those rounds that should have been given a name a little further from the .222 !!!! something like mabe,.22 heavy magnum .or .22 Rem. belted.
like the ..22-250 to the .220 swift.......a little more distance and imagination !!!!!

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Just got done doing some research I may change this beauty to a 223 apparently its easy

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
What about my FAV OR ITE , The .22-250 with N.Ps.......or the .22 TTH (Texas Trophy Hammer). with 70 gr.Nosler partitions...?????? some time back,there was quite a bit of ''action '' going on with ALL the .22 centre fire rounds as to which was ''perfect for deer size game'' or which was just barely o.k. for chucks , marmots ,ground squirrel.
hell,more than one POLAR bear bled out from a .22hornet in the guts up in NUNAVUT LAND back when IQUALIT(?)
was still known as FROBISHER BAY back in the days of the DEW LINE....

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
To much machining involved on the bolt. The 223 only requires you to screw the barrel in 2 turns

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Try your REASONABLE cash offer. This pretty lady deserves respect, please no low ballers.

BlockcaverBC

Reaction score
I had a Remington 40X single shot .222 Magnum 50!! years ago when I was in high school. Accurate and the forefather of the .223.

The .204 Ruger uses the same case as the .222 Magnum, but necked down and blown out with the shoulder moved forward. You could convert .204 cases to .222 Mag so you could shoot the old piece if you want, given loading dies are available.

Or make it into a .22-.204 wildcat with a chambering reamer and custom dies. My brother has chambered a few with 8 twist barrels. Makes a fine longer range varmint/target gun. But, all this is less practical than making a .223 out of it.

Last edited:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Thanks BC I don't load and I sold my 204 just didn't like the round but I appreciate you input

Top Bottom