Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Stocking up the Culinary Secrets Kitchen

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:20)

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Reaction score
Started a new batch of garlic today.... fermentation to become black garlic should be ready end of October to Mid November..... I have really enjoyed this process and the new flavour profiles black garlic can bring to a dish....

CBF235C8-FA2B-441E-8700-C4981950FD67.jpeg

newhunterette

Reaction score
New batch of Secret’s Bbq Sauce has been completed ... this year I added Honey Jack Daniels Whiskey to my recipe.... did that ever pop up the flavours.... going to really add to the up and coming bbq dishes F021826D-3D9C-4E25-90EE-49F265710B1A.jpeg

olympia

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Yum yum, jack Daniels sounds like it would be a good additive for flavour might have to expand on your idea and add some liquid smoke.

newhunterette

Reaction score
Yum yum, jack Daniels sounds like it would be a good additive for flavour might have to expand on your idea and add some liquid smoke.
It’s in there too....(liquid smoke)

There are so many new flavours being added to whiskeys and bourbon’s

There is even a Scotch that is smoked but it has a real deep peaty flavour (not to my liking) but I bet it would mix well into a sauce

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
A friend bbq'd some steaks for a dinner at his place in Kelowna, doing a fantastic job
that finally convinced me to give "medium-rare" a try rather than my usual tough "well done."
He used his own wonderful homemade sauce but won't divulge his recipe to anyone, not even me.:grumpy:

Reactions: Vic

newhunterette

Reaction score
A friend bbq'd some steaks for a dinner at his place in Kelowna, doing a fantastic job
that finally convinced me to give "medium-rare" a try rather than my usual tough "well done."
He used his own wonderful homemade sauce but won't divulge his recipe to anyone, not even me.:grumpy:
I won’t give out my entire secret either .....

Other recipes it’s a different story.......

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I can't give out my recipes because well I don't have any I so by taste

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
You may have to use "Paint" to downsize them, works good just shrunk my new avatar pic down to what you see from this. Took about 20 sec.

nono.jpg

newhunterette

Reaction score
Those spice mixes just for your own use ? Or are you sharing / selling them ?
I have this thing about playing with food and flavours and my spice and herb mixtures were born of that creativity .... then friends started asking me what I used to season this and that. When I told them it was a lot of different blends they asked for some so I started making gifts of my blends. Then came the hunting camps, fishing derby prizes, fundraising, cook offs and I shared ... I figure I must have something good so now I am going to give selling them a shot.... and hopefully in the future they end up in a specialty store or something ......... it’s good to dream right? I just have to be consistent (figure out my measures to volume) cause I go by my own taste.

I made them so you don’t need to use a lot to enjoy what they bring to the protein choice you are cooking.......

Top Bottom