Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

storage locker

Thread starter #1

sealevel

Long-Time Member
i was given the contents of a locker today ! i have 30 years of daily journals from a parks ranger in the national parks from revelstoke to jasper . it will be some interesting stuff i am sure . i also have some real interesting carvings...i will post up some pic. soon .

Thread starter #3

sealevel

Long-Time Member
reading this journal started jan 1964
jan 6 elk slaughter--5 head...south hwy
jan 7 12 head---south east hwy
8 6 east and south
9 16 maligne range...west hwy
10 14
13 5
14 16
that was around jasper . do`s not say what they did with the elk but a month later he was counting hides .

Thread starter #10

sealevel

Long-Time Member
so not really anything interesting for a few months patrolled on shi`s and ski -doo . april 15 1964 counted 101 sheep around jasper . ...went to warden school, rock school , repaired phone lines, caught a dog , pack supplies with horses ..... july 23 packed supplies to rocky forks 8 elk 3 moose 4 deer....jacqous lake 30 sheep

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
What an interesting life this guy led - hard, but interesting.

I wonder if those carvings were done with just a knife or were they done with the proper tools..... either way they are fine examples.

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
I can just see him sitting in his one-room cabin "out there" in the middle of winter, wood burning stove glowing , coffee pot on the back of the stove , and him sitting at the only table in the room, cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth - knives and chisels spread out around a block of wood.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom