Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Summer Scouting trips

Thread starter #2

Hookset

Starting to see some decent bucks I’m just starting to look steady now but here’s two good ones I’ve seen so far. Also sorry for the lousy quality of pics

Thread starter #4

Hookset

he is a big one, I think I might have to hunt him this year haha hes kinda got freaky antlers his bases and mass measurements will be enormous. he has junk on his bases too. These two bucks are buddies, they were bedded together and there was another buck with them but he is just small

Thread starter #7

Hookset

Saw a dandy whitetail and a Decent mulie tonight. Never could get a pic of the whitetail but got some pics of some mulies that will be good in a yr of 2

N

NAHMINT

looks like a ''blacktail'' I saw ,here on the island,couple years back......

damn, it WAS a hellova dream......:Yee Ha:.. had couple thick pork chops and wild mushrooms for supper that night,in the hills....:Hungry:....mabe the PORK was a little off :Don't Go There:

Thread starter #12

Hookset

I have seen a couple of decent ones in my travels so far while working, but nothing of that caliber as of yet. But have seen 3 or 4 speed goats that were way up there, my guess would be near 80 or better. I guess it would be more exciting if I had a draw tag for them....:Really Mad:
I’m a little bit worried though cause I’ve been seeing to many dry does around here and with the increase in tags here I could see it hurting them

Thread starter #19

Hookset

I took a count yesterday I would say I only saw 4 whitetail does and 5 bucks and 1 fawn then for mulies I saw 21 does and 4 fawns the rest were all dry. I saw 27 mulie bucks and then 4 yearling mulie does The area I was in has more mulies than whitetails but there are to many dry does around so I’m a little scared about that.

Thread starter #27

Hookset

I was doing abit different scouting than usual this weekend. I’ve been very lucky so far because it’s always hard to learn a new area but a few people have been helping me out with directions and who to call for permission and Here’s a decent bull I saw cause of it. He’s big enough for me now If only i can find him back in the fall haha BB7465B9-7DD6-4B24-AA30-E6A2310E9FB8.png

As soon as the season opens they find the steepest, thickest, dirtiest hills to hide in and among...only coming out to feed in the dead of night and slinking away to their hideouts well before it is legal shooting light. :can't find it:

I thought you knew that....:What?:

Thread starter #29

Hookset

As soon as the season opens they find the steepest, thickest, dirtiest hills to hide in and among...only coming out to feed in the dead of night and slinking away to their hideouts well before it is legal shooting light. :can't find it:

I thought you knew that....:What?:
I did hahaha a guy can hope though right hahaha

I hunted elk in the Bull Valley about 22 years ago....

We got up at 3 in the morning and drove up the Bull River a ways and waded across in the dark (half naked) just so we could hike up the mountainside before first light. "Shrink-dink" was a daily phenomenon back then - that water was cold! :Yikes!:

I ended up with a bad case of shin splints...not from the climb, but from the steep descent afterwards....:Black Eye:

Walter

Long-Time Member
Ohhhh Hookset ! About a foot of snow on the ground , lightly snowing , a mild -20 and that broadside presented............whump ! wit the .338 behind front shoulder........cold air and the smell of gunpowder , don't get any better !
[ok to dream ..right :kewl: ] Good work on the scouting :Oh Yeah!:

Thread starter #33

Hookset

Ohhhh Hookset ! About a foot of snow on the ground , lightly snowing , a mild -20 and that broadside presented............whump ! wit the .338 behind front shoulder........cold air and the smell of gunpowder , don't get any better !
[ok to dream ..right :kewl: ] Good work on the scouting :Oh Yeah!:
I’d like that too haha the 338 will definitely be coming along

Thread starter #39

Hookset

Was back at it tonight looking for the greatest deer species haha some people might disagree with that, I saw one decent one and if he didn’t have a short front I would be definitely wanting him this year. I also got a look at the non typical that I posted earlier at about 80 yards tonight but it was at dusk so I couldn’t get any pics. But so far he’s my number 1 target. Here’s a pic of the other decent one I saw tonight 4E653C11-8AB8-43DF-9075-C419328F6BE5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Walter

Long-Time Member
Way to go Hookset !! another good refreshing outdoors post ! That's a big boy and sure worthy of going after.
I'm starting my scouting in September , around here the Whitetail start forming there "bachelor groups" of four or five bucks in mid September and a guy can get a good look at them.

Thread starter #43

Hookset

Way to go Hookset !! another good refreshing outdoors post ! That's a big boy and sure worthy of going after.
I'm starting my scouting in September , around here the Whitetail start forming there "bachelor groups" of four or five bucks in mid September and a guy can get a good look at them.
Nice! Good luck to you hopefully you can find the one you want!

ianwuzhere

Long-Time Member
Holy smokes, them are some awesome looking animals- great to see such beauties- keep the pix comin- wont be long now till the seasons open.

Thread starter #48

Hookset

Has anyone been seeing deer out of velvet yet? I was out tonight for a quick scroll and came across a bachelor group 6 of white tail bucks and they all freshly shed their velvet. Seems early for around here

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:10)

Top Bottom