Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Taking this sites problems where they don't belong, My rant.

Thread starter #1

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
So I got a call from a member of another site today saying some members here are posting over there bit#hing that they can't get on Big Shots as they are still calling it. This is not the first time I've heard about this.

While I appreciate the heads up from the one who reported it, why the hell would anyone bit#h on another site about not being able to get on this one. The only reason I can see is to stir the pot, someplace else. Flash people(you know who you are cuz I don't) that other site can't fix problems we are having here.

If you have a problem and can't get on there is a "contact us" feature at the bottom of the sign in page that anyone can uses, logged in or not. If you have a problem tell us, not them. We are the only ones who can fix it. Use the feature shown below. End of rant.

BSBC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I haven't been here for a while as my access to the site (other reasons, not the site's) has had restrictions put on it. I can get on here but still see the old header. I don't let that bother me anymore.
Diego, I picked up three more bottles while down Mexico way. We'll have to have a session some time this spring.

Smokercraft

I’ve let it be known a few times on here and other sites how difficult it can be to get onto this site.
The only time I can get on here is when I’m home on my home wifi. If I’m on LTE, 3G, or someone else’s wifi I cannot get on.
And when I can’t get on it, I either get a blank page or I get redirected to a “politico” site.
There is no “contact us” option. It seems the site does not exist when I can’t get on. Will not come up on line no where.

So the people bitching on the other sites have no option. They cannot get on the this site to send messages.

So when I leave my house this morning for work that’s it, I won’t be able to get on here for the rest of the day. I’ve spent hours trying to figure it out because I’ve been told here it’s my own issues with my own devices. Such a waste of time I don’t bother trying to get on here anymore

Slinky Pickle

Long-Time Member
It was me, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I did contact the site owner via email twice and did not get a response. I waited a couple of days for a response but none came, I just assume Dan was busy with something else. Only AFTER doing that did I ask some of the folks on another site if they were having issues. As of this morning things are sorted out, but I'm guessing you know that too.

Thread starter #10

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
It was me, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I did contact the site owner via email twice and did not get a response. I waited a couple of days for a response but none came, I just assume Dan was busy with something else. Only AFTER doing that did I ask some of the folks on another site if they were having issues. As of this morning things are sorted out, but I'm guessing you know that too.
Wrong on both counts Grant. I was told "people" were saying they couldn't get on the site. I was not told who "they" were. I told the one who reported it that unless we knew who "they" were it was pretty hard to check into the problem. The only one to answer was Round boy and I had a conversation about it with him. Perhaps Dan fixed what ever problem there was. As far as "guessing" well that's kind of like assuming and you know what that does right.

Thread starter #11

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
I’ve let it be known a few times on here and other sites how difficult it can be to get onto this site.
The only time I can get on here is when I’m home on my home wifi. If I’m on LTE, 3G, or someone else’s wifi I cannot get on.
And when I can’t get on it, I either get a blank page or I get redirected to a “politico” site.
There is no “contact us” option. It seems the site does not exist when I can’t get on. Will not come up on line no where.

So the people bitching on the other sites have no option. They cannot get on the this site to send messages.

So when I leave my house this morning for work that’s it, I won’t be able to get on here for the rest of the day. I’ve spent hours trying to figure it out because I’ve been told here it’s my own issues with my own devices. Such a waste of time I don’t bother trying to get on here anymore
I am not sure why you can't log in on away from home, I would suspect the security is set to high, or the provider ahs blocked us for some reason, I can't log onto HBC on the BC Ferries WiFi also I can't log into here or other hunting/gun sites on CC's tablet anywhere, I am taking it to my Geek so if he can find the cause I'll pass the info on to you.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Diego, I picked up three more bottles while down Mexico way. We'll have to have a session some time this spring.

Siempre supe que tenias bueno gusto mi amigo
Actually it appears his taste ain't too bad at all Buddy!

You two Desperadoes better let me know when this Rendezvous is going to occur!! small wink

Cheers,
Nog - Have Horse, Will Travel...

Gene Autry and his horse CHAMP and 'lil champ. seen them all ,67 or so years ago in Montreal at the old FORUM.... AND I really like TEQUILA - ESPERANTO -seleccion (in the tall triangular bottle).
heck,i'll even drink el JIMADOR (hand made) Don't think either are available in Kanada ..... its ALL Good lol

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Grant - et al - I have been pretty busy at work these days. Lots of that Flu Bug going around and I've been filling vacant shifts that needed filling. All that makes me sore, tired and not worth anything when I get home.

I usually toss down a bowl of soup and then hit the sack - only to get up at 5 again the next morning. Lately I've had to drive to Montague (an hour away) to help out as well as fill in here in Charlottetown. All this makes for one very tired 70-year olde puppy....:Black Eye:

Not making excuses at all - just letting you know what's been happening in my life of late. Add to that the fact that our site Guru has a time difference of quite a few hours and you can see that problems take a day or two or three to get attention.

Grant - I did respond to your emails - all of them, a fact that you neglected to mention. I look bad enough without you helping my image....:Doh!:

Trevor - have you tried cleaning out your cache and browser history? Sometimes it is the only way to accomplish things.
After wiping everything clean try typing in "TNOF.ca" into your search bar and see if that gets you here. :Here's Wishing:

Slinky Pickle

Long-Time Member
Grant - I did respond to your emails - all of them, a fact that you neglected to mention. I look bad enough without you helping my image....:Doh!:
Dan, as I mentioned in the message I just sent you, I had snuck in an email previous to the one you responded to and you probably just didn't see it. You responded to the second one the day after I sent it. That's what I was referring to about not hearing back before I asked others. I'm certainly not looking to make anyone look bad in any way.

Smokercraft

Dan I have tried that. I’ve tried typing TNOF.ca into the search bar. I’ve tried doing that while touching my nose, I tried once standing on one leg, I even tried once while looking at the sun. Still it’s a no go for me when I’m away from my house wifi. It’s just weird. I have zero issues with any other websites,forums or what have you.
It’s just plain weird.
Hopefully one day the stars align for me again!

Thanks for the suggestions Dan and thanks Foxton for looking into it as well

Bow Walker

I get frustrated hearing stuff like that... for no apparent reason things just go sideways. :Doh!:

I'm always looking for ways to improve the efficiency and smoothness of the site's software. Maybe I should try standing on one leg, or howling at the moon while hitting the enter button, or......:Maybe: :Don't Go There:

philcott

Mucho Gusto
What is interesting with my connection is I see the new tnof header at the sign in page but get the old header once I log in. Muey estrango.

philcott

Mucho Gusto

Actually it appears his taste ain't too bad at all Buddy!

You two Desperadoes better let me know when this Rendezvous is going to occur!! small wink

Cheers,
Nog - Have Horse, Will Travel...
Thanks for posting the song Matt. Haven't heard it in a while.

Let me know when this fiesta takes place and I'll do my best to come up with a bottle or three for sampling .

F.W.I.W., I've been able to sign in on a computer just outside of Courtenay and on 2 different computers on an island,east of Campbell River....... no issues......just saying.

Bow Walker

May not be related to the above issue(s) but I just had my computer go thru an update from Microsoft - took a loooong time.

When I turned it on this morning I couldn't even post on here. Internet was there and working fine, but the upgrade did something and changed a few things. I had to restart twice before it got to running decent and I could post again....

Quietest couple of hours I have ever spent - except for my cursing.

Thread starter #32

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
May not be related to the above issue(s) but I just had my computer go thru an update from Microsoft - took a loooong time.

When I turned it on this morning I couldn't even post on here. Internet was there and working fine, but the upgrade did something and changed a few things. I had to restart twice before it got to running decent and I could post again....

Quietest couple of hours I have ever spent - except for my cursing.
Windows 10 right

:stinky:

Walleye King

Long-Time Member
OK two things:

1. I run Windows 10 at home and I'm having no issues and haven't had since the glitch last summer. Also, checked in a couple of time from the hotel in Vegas last week from my phone. No issues either.
2. Damn those nachos look good Jim and now I'm hungry!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom