Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

The Frankenbradley still runs

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

KH4

Reaction score
That all looks so good!

Do you find that chicken skin gets a little dry and leathery? Happened to me when I did my chicken. Heard that keeping some cheese cloth soaked in butter keeps things moist.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Reaction score
That all looks so good!

Do you find that chicken skin gets a little dry and leathery? Happened to me when I did my chicken. Heard that keeping some cheese cloth soaked in butter keeps things moist.
I’ve never had an issue with the skin at all other than a fight at the table who gets the skin off my piece...... lol

newhunterette

Reaction score
What are you packing them in once smoked?
Often thought about that, never done it.
Simply ate all we did...

Wondering...

Cheers,
Nog

PS: Lucky on the pearl! We don't see a lot.
Noggie, I jarred them in olive oil and sealed them up.... they are usually good for about 2 weeks if they arent eaten before that unless you can them.....

newhunterette

Reaction score
Man! I can SMELL that bacon from here!
Awesome as usual Gal! :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog
What are you packing them in once smoked?
Often thought about that, never done it.
Simply ate all we did...

Wondering...

Cheers,
Nog

PS: Lucky on the pearl! We don't see a lot.
That’s the second time I have found a pearl in a Texada oyster

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I am sure that I have smell a vision on my phone as I am sure I can smell every in the pictures. Cut the bacon in 1/4 inch thick slices and they would be to die for. I love jerky and have 4 zip lock baggies ready as needed. This is to go along with the zip lock full of pemicon.
Steve

newhunterette

Reaction score
I am sure that I have smell a vision on my phone as I am sure I can smell every in the pictures. Cut the bacon in 1/4 inch thick slices and they would be to die for. I love jerky and have 4 zip lock baggies ready as needed. This is to go along with the zip lock full of pemicon.
Steve
Mmmmmmmm pemmican.... havent made that since the elders came to the preschool to teach the wee ones...... I should make it...... oh my gosh and bannock.......I think I still have some Saskatoon berry and thimble berry jam too...... thanks Steve now you got my salivary glands going......

Top Bottom