Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

The Unheard Voice

Thread starter #1
As the debate continues between the anti-hunting community and those who believe in the "Conservation Through Hunting" model, the unheard voice is the rural African who must live among the wild animals. It is these people who are most affected when politics supercedes science in the management of wildlife.

Worth a Watch...
Nog

thank you MATT,
Was a good watch........have friends in South Africa and north western Australia.... they say the same thing. you have to ''go bush'' and live with the abbos to understand the need to hunt and how they depend on ''hunters'' for a big part of their ''income''.
not everyone in the world has the ''choice'' of hunting for sport and good eats.....to many,its life or death.........

gunseller

Until you have spent time with people that live with wild animals you have no idea what it is like. In our store we have a full body lion mount. My understanding the lion had eaten 27 people before he was killed. Last spring I had.2 young ladies in the store. One white from Iowa ,attending Drake University, and the other black from Uganda, from a university there. When I told then the lions eating habits the white girl did not believe me. The black girl explained that yes lions, crocs and hippos eat and kill many each year. Hunting supplies income for locals and an incentive not to poach all the animals. In this way there are more animals for non hunters to see. Many non hunters can not understand this concept.
Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom