Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

They can't be serious

Trinity

Reaction score
If my math is right............173 stolen out of as many as 21,000,000 million firearms held by Canucks for a whopping loss of .00082 % of total guns owned....going out on a limb and saying we don't have a problem "loosing" our firearms. Govt type dudes "lost" more then the public:HUH?:. I "stolen" machine gun........l think l seen it e-bay! lol Its of interest to note in 2015 how many firearms were "lost" .........wasn't that the year our village idiot was elected? With all the uncertainty that abounds both in our country and on a global scale, those who own firearms and realize what they represent, l don't believe are going to part with them just because the gubbermint says so......

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Goes to show how utterly stupid they are. Do they think everyone owning a gun is going to come from
all corners of this province to place and retrieve their firearms in a central storage location? Only an idiot
doesn't realize it's an other attempt at putting their previously failed strict gun registry in place. As was
said, there's going to be a lot of missing or hidden firearms if it were to be law. I also predict that if they're
successful in this scam they will then insist that anyone buying hunting licenses, tags, ammo, or anything else
related to hunting will have to provide the serial number from whatever firearm they intend to use.
This country under the Liberals is becoming less a democracy and more a military state then ever before.

BC30cal

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Goes to show how utterly stupid they are. Do they think everyone owning a gun is going to come from
all corners of this province to place and retrieve their firearms in a central storage location? Only an idiot
doesn't realize it's an other attempt at putting their previously failed strict gun registry in place. As was
said, there's going to be a lot of missing or hidden firearms if it were to be law. I also predict that if they're
successful in this scam they will then insist that anyone buying hunting licenses, tags, ammo, or anything else
related to hunting will have to provide the serial number from whatever firearm they intend to use.
This country under the Liberals is becoming less a democracy and more a military state then ever before.
Big Lew;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that this cooler, wetter version of BC summer finds you and yours well.

Way back in '75 my parents took one of my sisters and I to Kenya with them - long story not all of it good - to visit some folks there who were doing mission work.

Anyway at that time in Kenya - again this is as I recall and 1975 was a long time back - one could own as many firearms as you wanted and have as much ammo as you liked..... But...

One was allowed to keep 3 of them at your residence. One small bore, one medium bore and one large bore. If you chose to keep a shotgun - that was your large bore too by the way, so for instance you couldn't have a "stopping rifle" or one legal for hunting the bigger stuff and a shotgun for birds. If memory serves it was a minimum 9.3mm or .375" diameter projectile for the larger game required.

The chap we visited had a Cooey Model 60 .22, a pre-64 Model 70 in .30-06 and another Model 70 in .458 - though I don't know the vintage on the .458.

All other arms had to be stored in the central lockup in the capital - which of course was something like 5-6 hours away in Nairobi.

My memory wants to say that handloading was forbidden too and I believe one could only take 2 or 3 boxes of ammo for each center fire rifle out at one time. Neat, no?

This all reminds me of a story a local MLA told us one time.

Years back this MLA was on some joint fact finding something or other where members of the government and Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition wandered around the province in passenger vans talking to locals about situations that they had no intention of addressing and already made up their minds about.

Some of the MLA's had never been outside the Lower Mainland and thus some of the experiences in the rural hinterland were an eye opener for them. In this particular occasion they were driving up a 15 mile long driveway to a ranch in the Peace country, passing first on the right a small herd of elk, then a mother black bear with cubs on the left, then a grizzly on the right and so it went.

After the second grizzly spotted on the drive in, a female voice from the back of the van was heard to say, "My goodness, now I understand why they want guns..."

If only all of these enlightened souls could spend a night in a tent with me somewhere - say Blanket Creek campground - and have the "mischievous and playful" black bears - yes plural - sniffing the tent beside their head at 2:13 AM - well then they might have a moment of clarity as well Dave - or not......

All the best to you all as we head into the fall and hunting season sir.

Dwayne

Last edited:

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Reaction score
Reminds me of the bears at Mt. Robson Park . As the evening wound down the bears would start coming out , pushing all campers to the sleeping units ( campers , trailers and tents ). Hard to fall asleep listening to all the on goings .....................

BC30cal

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
How in the heck did we manage to de-rail this thread so far?

View attachment 19358
Bow Walker;
Top of the morning to you sir, albeit I'm cognizant it's not that there on the east coast but is here - nonetheless - I hope all is well with you and yours.

The direction as I understand it, would be that it's impractical for rural folks or folks camping or folks in imminent need of a firearm for personal protection from recalcitrant ursine intruders to drive hours or even minutes away to retrieve said tools from a central lockup.

If they could accomplish that, then logically there's no further need for the arm.

However, if the belligerent bruin is busy snacking on pets, livestock or persons - as they are wont to do on occasion - then we're going to need "slightly" more expedient access to the aforementioned loud and lethal bear repellent, no?:Oh Yeah!:

Anyway sir, it's soon time for me to load the pickup with some chainsaws and other firewood gathering gear and head up the mountain behind the house. In that array of tools, as always, will be a short 12 gauge pump gun. Along with the ever present 10lb fire extinguisher, it's there just in case, but I hope and pray to never really need either tool.

All the best to you all as we head into the fall Dan.

Dwayne

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Bow Walker;
Top of the morning to you sir, albeit I'm cognizant it's not that there on the east coast but is here - nonetheless - I hope all is well with you and yours.

The direction as I understand it, would be that it's impractical for rural folks or folks camping or folks in imminent need of a firearm for personal protection from recalcitrant ursine intruders to drive hours or even minutes away to retrieve said tools from a central lockup.

If they could accomplish that, then logically there's no further need for the arm.

However, if the belligerent bruin is busy snacking on pets, livestock or persons - as they are wont to do on occasion - then we're going to need "slightly" more expedient access to the aforementioned loud and lethal bear repellent, no?:Oh Yeah!:

Anyway sir, it's soon time for me to load the pickup with some chainsaws and other firewood gathering gear and head up the mountain behind the house. In that array of tools, as always, will be a short 12 gauge pump gun. Along with the ever present 10lb fire extinguisher, it's there just in case, but I hope and pray to never really need either tool.

All the best to you all as we head into the fall Dan.

Dwayne
A wise man Dwayne. It pays to be prepared. The one time you don't take along the necessaries will be the time you need them most.

Good to see you again sir, it's been a while since your last visit. I miss your insight(s), your humor, and your particular writing style. :Here's To Ya:

Top Bottom