Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Training priorities...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:17)

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
As I was vacuuming for the second time today I got to thinking...
As you know, I've been enjoying teaching Tuk new and different things but I've come to the realization that my priorities are wrong. This is sad because as is said, you can't teach an old dog new tricks so I probably have missed my opportunity on teaching him to do real beneficial chores. Pulling off my socks and pants is good, but what I should have been concentrating on is for him to use the inside toilet, to pick up and put away his vast collection of toys, and to vacuum up his dog hair.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I had a friend who taught her cow dog to pick up garbage pop cans water bottles etc and put them into garbage cans so I suppose toys would be doable

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I had a friend who taught her cow dog to pick up garbage pop cans water bottles etc and put them into garbage cans so I suppose toys would be doable
Yes it is. I have a friend that trained her walking mop to pick up and drop it’s toys in their box on command. Like most kids though it wouldn’t do it on it’s own. It’s a lot of fun when a dog catches on to what you’re trying to get it to do. It takes a lot longer than if I were to do it myself but I have my dog carry branch trimmings to a pile and pick up garden tools like rakes, spades, and just about any other things I think he can handle. I really think he feels important doing it.

Top Bottom