Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Trick or Treat...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:18)

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Do the kids now-a-days really know what that term used to mean when their parents...no,
their grandparents hollered it out on Halloween night?
When I was a kid it meant just what was said...it was a threat! No treats and there might be
toilet paper all over your shrubs, dog poop inside a paper bag lit on fire and left on your
doorstep, outhouse might get moved a few feet back, a bar of soap used to write graffiti
on your car windows, all door knobs covered with black grease, and those were the mild ones.
I know of firecrackers thrown inside chicken coops, mailboxes removed and relocated down
the block, tire tube valve cores removed, vehicle rear axle put up on blocks, just to name a few.
There were more far more criminal and extreme which I'll not post.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I was raised to be law abiding and to never do things like that, even on Halloween. I did see some of the aftermath of others tricks though.
I'm not going to incriminate myself of course, but I didn't do any of the extreme stuff, including throwing
firecrackers into a chicken coop which I think was really stupid.

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
back in the ''old-country'' we had MAT NIGHT before halloween.... i always thought it should be AFTER so we could show our displeasure at not been given a treat by some...

Top Bottom