Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Trick or Treaters

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I arrived home at 6pm from down south and didn't buy any candy so I just closed the blinds
and left the yard lights off so nobody came to the door. My wife was the generous one, not me.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Where we are there is never any kids come knocking....:grumpy:

Too bad, because I like to see the little ones out and about with their parents.
Back in my day, parents didn't go out with their kids that much...but the young kids went out
in groups looking after the really small fry. The older kids were the 'pranksters' out looking
for devilment and mayham.

Redneck

Reaction score
We managed to hit 10 houses with our lion. He had a bad time at the forestry center up in Duncan last weekend so he's not to jazzed on halloween decor.
Lots of kids roaming our neighbourhood though!

A lion should always maintain good dental hygiene, especially after collecting candy.20191031_153018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
I arrived home at 6pm from down south and didn't buy any candy so I just closed the blinds
and left the yard lights off so nobody came to the door. My wife was the generous one, not me.
DAVE, we ALL know you better than that !!!!!
if you had gotten home earlier, you would have had boxes of goodies !!!
cheers glenn

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
2 kids this year...and it was darn cold !!!! last year 0....
big thing is to go to WOODGROVE MALL at north end of town.....nice 'N warm, sales girls in ''great costumes'' wife would not let me go ''out for gas''.!!!!!!! :Yikes!:

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
When we lived in town and did have kids coming to the door it was a lot of fun...

After the rush quieted down and you knew it was all but over, I used to unload most of the remaining candy onto the little ones that dribbled to the door. I have good-sized 'lunch hooks' and I'd dig in and give the kids a healthy handful of candy each (I always bought too much).

The looks and exclamations were priceless. :highly_amused:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
When we lived in town and did have kids coming to the door it was a lot of fun...

After the rush quieted down and you knew it was all but over, I used to unload most of the remaining candy onto the little ones that dribbled to the door. I have good-sized 'lunch hooks' and I'd dig in and give the kids a healthy handful of candy each (I always bought too much).

The looks and exclamations were priceless. :highly_amused:
Halloween always was the highlight of the year for my wife which was fortified by our equally enthusiastic
kids even when in their late teens. She was a elementary school volunteer as well, so our house got turned
into a production zone for the making of decorations and costumes. She was a manager for a local
MacDonalds. She baked cookies and bought huge amounts of candies to give out at school, our place,
and at her place of work. So many kids knew her and loved her that there was a constant stream of kids
in costumes from very little ones that had a hard time getting up our stairs to teenagers and adults. The
last few years even my dog got into the excitement of greeting everyone....but not me. I would go down
into our basement rec room and watch a movie or 2 until it was all over.

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
My kid sister is quite a bit younger so when we were in our early to mid teens, myself, TK and Big O would patrol the streets and deal justice to the older kids that tried to hijack the little ones candy. we ended up with almost as much "thank you" candy as the trick or treaters.

Top Bottom