Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Tundra Down

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
Well came out of my massage therapy this morning to discover a Honda Accord had attached itself to my drivers side front end.
Sorted out the paperwork with the other drivers and drove my trusty steed home 6 blocks.
The good news is I needed a new front bumper the bad news is the $7000 engineered and rebuilt front end is very broken.
Not the happy ending I was hoping for this morning:Maybe:

Redneck

Reaction score
In the plus side, at least the party that hit your truck stuck around, and exchanged info!
I'm curious how there is 7g in damage to the front end though?? It can't be more than $1000 in parts to replace the whole shebang.

Foxton Gundogs

END of TRAIL Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
I think he told me he had just put some new fancy suspension/steering system in a few weeks before. :Maybe:

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
The parts alone were $4000 in the upgrade: Essentially we pulled out the front end which was worn out and replaced everything with after market performance off road parts: Including new steering parts.
Both wheels are bent and they go for $400 a piece because they are Toyota parts:
The car basically slammed into the drivers side front wheel driving the other wheel into the curb so hard it chipped the concrete. The truck was lifted off the ground because there were bumper parts under my passenger front wheel.
Apparently a blue truck (not mine) was involved and left the scene.
I find out in 2-4 days what the outcome is from ICBC.

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
Well ICBC finally called and I have front the money for a rental and the good news is they are going to pay the deductible.
The bad news is they have not caught the bugger who hit and ran.

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
Do not know old buddy!
They are now leaning towards repair because of the special edition and upgraded 4x4 status.
The good news is National Car Rental upgraded me for free to a Pick Up

Biggyun68

Rainman
Reaction score
I am having surprising good luck with ICBC - They are paying for everything and are using my off road mechanics shop to fix the suspension:
Which worked out well for me because Shawn at VanNeer Motorsports gave the tow truck driver (**) for towing the car into the shop on the broken front end: He took pictures of the damage (Tyre gone and wheel further damaged, seat belt creased after being used to tie the steering wheel and steering wheel marked up from the seat belt.) and sent them to ICBC for compensation.

Still working through the paperwork LOL

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
When a range cow came running out of the woods and into the side of my 2005 Nismo Nissan Frontier
ICBC was going to write it off because all the body panels on the left side had to be either repaired or
replaced. Fortunately I had all the bills and paperwork for repairs and upgrades. Like you, because the
truck was rare I was able to come to an agreement about a specialty body shop, they repaired it. Having
those papers made almost a $3000 difference.

Top Bottom