Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

weather in your town.....where's the snow at ??

BCROB

Reaction score
best time of year , clocks go back , mid Nov whitetail rut comin , where the snow ?? heard PG might be getting some today ?

L

Leaseman

Cut and trimmed the grass yesterday....19C.......:popcorn:

Snow, what is that????:hopelessness:

BCROB

Reaction score
its the smog retention that keeps you rain-landers cozy warm.........................:hopelessness:

QuesnelTK

Reaction score
-2 with snow this morning in Quesnel. It won't stay long but a good reminder of what's to come ..

Paleolith

Cro-Magnon Nerd
Reaction score
Up around Endako there was some snow if you were up higher.

Nothin' friggin' movin', though. :rolleyes:

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Reaction score
Cold temps at night here - and that constant "breeze" brings the "feels like" temperature down to freezing or just under. Add the on-and-off showers around here and I would not be surprised at anything.

TheProvider

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
-20 lastnight, -14 tonight. A few inches of snow. Had a blizzard on Saturday. 45-55km/hr winds with about 12"of snow.

BCROB

Reaction score
+4 rainy , snow level 1700M, connector will probably see some white stuff tonight

crobar

Old Fossil
Reaction score
+9 and raining here in Abby, supposed to clear up here in early May 2016.
I have a blade for my quad and always put in on after hunting season is over.... haven't used it for three winters.
Also have a beautiful Craftsman 32" snow blower, cannot even remember when it was used last, maybe 6 winters ago..

ScubaDave

I Need To Get A Life
Reaction score
Yep sounds about right. I remember growing up in Abby we used to get a few good snowfalls a year, now it seems it never happens anymore. Living in Victoria now though so snow is like...A myth lol. Last year it snowed so much here I had to sweep my path to the jeep lol

Bow Walker

Reaction score
+9 and raining here in Abby, supposed to clear up here in early May 2016.
I have a blade for my quad and always put in on after hunting season is over.... haven't used it for three winters.
Also have a beautiful Craftsman 32" snow blower, cannot even remember when it was used last, maybe 6 winters ago..
Everyone out in this part of the country has three pieces of equipment that are considered necessities.
1.) a riding lawn mower/tractor.
2.) a snow blower (or a blade for the tractor at the very least).
3.) a portable power generator.

Quite different from back home, I must say.

L

Leaseman

Looks like a lot of rain for the SW corner of BC this weekend!

Going to be a damp hunt!! : :

BCROB

Reaction score
Yea Right... You and your Four Door Umbrella...:Na-ahh:

Still willing to do a trade.. Did you take notice of That Loooooong Lens..
ummmmmmm , pardon moi ? is there a .338 in the mix here , ah-hemmmmm :popcorn:

did I miss the fine print somewhere ?? :rolleyes:

kenkell1

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Mowed my lawn yesterday......Creston doesn't get snow we live in a Banana belt small wink

L

Leaseman

Maybe I will tease you with it when you get your smoker......:kewl:

Fowl Language

SIR Dale, The Gander Commander CERTIFIED CB PIG
Reaction score
god, it is 17 degrees here right now. worked up a sweat just cleaning out my truck,bagging up the decoys and putting them in the truck. I need a cold beverage right now.... the infamous james a fox and myself are off for another goose aventure tomorrow am. at least we do not have to wait for biggy......

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Yesterday/last night was raining catz n dogz with sideways winds reaching gusts of 70 kmh at times. "They" closed the Confederation Bridge to all "high-sided" vehicular traffic. Right now the winds are calming down to mere 45/50 kmh gusts, but the bridge remains closed to certain types of traffic.

Apparently this is a common occurrence in this part of the country.

Steelwheels

Whist
Reaction score
Spent the night Swimming at Labour down on the Beach.. At one point the Stars were out...Next thing I had to tend to some duties out on the ground.. Soaked right through to the bone in 10 minutes..:Yikes!:
You'd think I would be smart enough to wear a jacket..:Doh!:..:Na-ahh:

Steelwheels

Whist
Reaction score
Yesterday/last night was raining catz n dogz with sideways winds reaching gusts of 70 kmh at times. "They" closed the Confederation Bridge to all "high-sided" vehicular traffic. Apparently this is a common occurrence in this part of the country.
I hope your not getting too comfortable on that other Coast as we need you here...:Doh!:
Your aloud a visit but don't get any ideas..:Behave:

http://youtu.be/ooM-RGUTe2E

Remember ..there's Three Stooges that rely on your Guidance....

Last edited:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
I doubt that they'd let me across the bridge in weather like this - what with my rather large-ish bay window out front....:rolleyes:

BCROB

Reaction score
Clouds cleared for the kids and trick or treating last night now she's back to pouring pouring pouring !!!
hopefully the ski hills are getting some snow !

ScubaDave

I Need To Get A Life
Reaction score
Agreed! Just saw Mount Washington got a dusting of snow overnight. Here is hoping it cools right down!!

BCROB

Reaction score
and not 1 but 2 beers within reach !! Probably PBR like his old man taught em !!

Top Bottom