Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

weather in your town.....where's the snow at ??

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Is there enough coming down to get some of the rivers and creeks down there into flood mode?
Very much so.
The lower Stamp began sand-bagging quite some time ago.
Yesterday the river was flowing through the parking lot at the launch.
Most creeks have topped their banks.
Rather unpleasant overall...

At least it is down to a duller roar today, and the forecast is calling for the odd intermittent break from the sky water down the road...

Nog - The One Who Grew GILLS

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
It just keeps coming here, fast as I clean it up and it starts coming down again!! A couple more inches on the ground right now and I imagine before the weekend is done I'll be moving snow off the driveway and yard and walkways.

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Reaction score
What weather forecast to trust?

One (CBC Radio) says that we are in for about 20 cm of snow from last night and up to about noon today. Another (internet source) say we are going to get 2 cm today and another 2 cm overnight. The local weather guru (Cindy Day) says we should be getting about 10 cm, with slightly higher amounts on the eastern half of the Island.

So far - looking out the window - it has been snowing steadily since about 1:30 a.m. last night and it is still coming down with enthusiasm at this hour (1:15 pm) and we have at least 6 inches on the ground. There seems to be no end in sight. (6 inches converts to close to 16 cm.)

Time to go out and fire up the snow blower and see if i can find my driveway.... all 300 feet of the darned thing. wtfe

This was after last week's storm... I'm just guessing where the driveway actually is under there. The ground is all frozen anyway, but I'd kinda like to stick to the broken up pavement that marks where I'm supposed to drive..... :Black Eye:

20181219_131241.jpg

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Showers with risk of thunderstorms today.
Sunny tomorrow.
SNOW Tuesday! :Yikes!:

Thought about leaving the lights & decorations up to get a picture or two in the upcoming snow.
But... the forecast for the week after that is back to incessant rains. :disgust:
So... up the ladder tomorrow it is...
Already shaking in anticipation... NOT!

Cheers,
Nog

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Back inside where the wind ain't blowing the snow back into my face and it's a lot warmer than out there.......

Blew out to the road and then along the roadway for the postal delivery cars. Yep, we still get house-to-house out here. I blew out alongside the roadway from my neighbor's post box back to ours and on down the road a little bit so the postal delivery car could get to the mailbox and then back on the road again (legally obliged to do this).

My neighbor is a little skinny, scrawny 70-year-old lady (don't tell her I said so) and she cannot handle a snow blower at all. She would get thrown around even worse than I do now. This is the same lady that I cut the grass for - she's a sweetie really.

I also blew out a path for the propane delivery guy to drag the hose around to the back of the house to fill the tanks (legally obliged to do this). I also blew out an area for my two 4-legged girls so they could squat down to P without getting their "mustn't-touch" all snowy and cold....:yeah, right:...... The things I do for my "girls" - all three of them.:Doh!:

Now I'm rewarding myself with three fingers of Irish Whisky over a couple of ice cubes.... It'll help with the sore arm I got from trying to pat myself on the back too much...:Black Eye: :highly_amused:

Bushmills 10 Year Olde.jpg

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Got heavily snowed on while driving home from north Maple Ridge in the Fraser Valley
just now. It was a wet snow that quickly turned the road white and slushy as I went
through Steelhead.

mossler

Reaction score
-2 heading to 2 overnight. Crazy windy today, with a power outrage that seemed to affect most of the eastern part of GTA. Lasted 15-20 minutes. Expecting rain/sleet and perhaps, if we are lucky, snow flakes. But nothing will stick as it hits 6 tomorrow.

KH4

Reaction score
El Nino for the west coast, seems to be right considering the weather and temps, has rained more than snowed here, which is weird for winter. I predict if my area gets away with mild weather through January, February will be the start of spring, climatically speaking. Similar to what happened in 2016...warmed up in Feb and never got cold again, snow free by March!

I saw robins flying around before xmas, I know they never left, or had just been pushed down from the north now.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
-21 with the windchill out there, "classic" nor'easter forecast for Wed and into Thurs.

Supposed to be up to 40 cm of snow with this storm.

Trade ya Bill..........:Heh, heh, heh:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Yep, up here too Foxey:

SNOWFALL WARNING

Today Snow at times heavy. Snow mixed with rain near noon. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Windy. Temperature steady near plus 1.
Tonight Snow at times heavy becoming mixed with rain after midnight. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Temperature steady near plus 1.

Then of course turning to Rain (Heavy at times) for the foreseeable future.
Going to be a ROYAL MESS! :disgust:

Cheers,
Nog

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Going back into the freezer for the weekend. Highs in the upper teens and lows in the mid teens.

I sure hope the winds stay calm....damned windchill anyway.

Right now the temp is -5 but with the breeze they say it feels like -12 EMO_FROZEN.gif

Last edited:

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
Cold but little snow for the next week for you Dan.
Bundle up and keep your 3 finger measuring system at the ready :Here's To Ya:

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
This hour's hot and cold spots ...
Hot spot in Prince Edward Island: -11.4 °C11.5 °F East Point
Cold spot in Prince Edward Island: -14.0 °C6.8 °F Harrington AAFC
Hot spot in Canada: 11.2 °C52.2 °F Herbert Island, BC Sorry Dan :OH-OH:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
It's -24 out there this morning (with the windchill) and we are supposed to get more snow this coming weekend. It'll go nicely with the 14 to 18 inches we already have. :Doh!:

I always include the windchill factor because if you're out in it that;s the "feel like" temperature you have to put up with.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
It's -24 out there this morning (with the windchill) and we are supposed to get more snow this coming weekend. It'll go nicely with the 14 to 18 inches we already have. :Doh!:

I always include the windchill factor because if you're out in it that;s the "feel like" temperature you have to put up with.
There's usually a bright side to most things Dan...at least you don't have to mow the lawn or weed the garden, just saying...
and I'll bet you don't have to put up with those pesky mosquitoes.

Iron Glove

Reaction score
Have been at the Tulameen Dacha since Weds., was hoping for a ton of snow for the mutts to frolic in.
Bah, more of a heavy frost than snow, say 1" or so.
Last year, same week had to shovel out our Hope driveway to get to the road so we could drive a snow covered Hope Princeton and shovel our way into the cabin. Spent $1,500 for new, super great snows on the truck, all I can say is they are great and "compact sand and gravel." :grumpy:
ON the bright side, I can walk the mutts through "Downtown" Tulameen at night without having to worry about getting run over by snow mobiles. :)

Bow Walker

Reaction score
My sister (lives in Nanaimo) keeps rubbing it in by sending me screenshots of the weather forecast out that way.... :Owned:

Just goes to show that you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family. :Doh!:

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
All we have to deal with is another highway shutdown here. Seems to happen allot on the new duke point highway. I hope Jim isn't trying to get to nanaimo.
Highway 1 (on Vancouver Island), northbound. Vehicle incident between Exit 7: Highway 19 and Exit 9: Highway 19 for 0.5 km (Nanaimo). Road closed. Detour in effect. Assessment in progress. Estimated time of re-opening Mon Jan 14 at 11:30 AM PST

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
No word yet. Heavy fog lately due to the warm days and clear cold nights.
I have been hearing ferry blasts for days now.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Kinda bright and sunny today out here as well....

Cold, but bright.

The back of the hacienda, facing our road - about 350-ish meters that-a-way.

20190114_141236.jpg

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Hmmm...I was thinking about firing the bbq up for either fish or meat burgers this afternoon.
Seems you might have to dig your's out from under the white stuff.

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
I was thinking if I had a yard like that I'd have a permanent 100 yd. 3-D range :Heh, heh, heh:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Dave and Jim are beginning to P me off just a wee tad..... :Black Eye: :highly_amused: :highly_amused:

Rick - I can easily stretch out to almost 80 yards with not too much of a problem. Pretty safe shooting lane(s) too - as long as the neighbor doesn't venture out to the back of his property.....AND, I don't miss that Bull Dog target of mine. :Doh!:

Top Bottom