Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

weather in your town.....where's the snow at ??

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
I doubt you miss anything I've seen you shoot :Yikes!:
Unless your talking about AFTER a couple 3 finger drinks, then we will talk your brother into sending you his target.

10421431_10152074292001809_5034576343444043079_n.jpg

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
Oh well, you know what they say about a man with big hands...………...

Big gloves...

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
- 20 without the wind chill tonight for Dan.
Plug in the car and light the fire. :stinky:

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
8 plus inches of snow to start about noon here with high of -3 C and 30 to 40 mile per hour winds. Nice day to be inside with an adult beverage.
Steve

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Reaction score
Well the BIG storm was a bit of a fizzle after all was said and done.

Yes it did snow a lot - about 6 inches - and yes the winds were up, but not as sustained as they were predicted to be nor as gusty as they were supposed to be - and yes it did warm up and turn to rain last night. It went from -12 to +8 in about 6 hours and it rained for most of the night. This morning the temp was -4 when I poked my nose out from under the covers. I saw my shadow, so I had to get up.

Amazing how much snow the rain melted away. Now everything is coated in layers and layers of ice. Nasty walking or driving conditions out there. Tonight is is predicted to go to -12 and tomorrow's high is supposed to be only -10. Tuesday is going to be even colder. More snow forecast for Wednesday.

I sure hope they are out there salting and sanding the roads all over the region(s). If they miss any is will be like driving on a skating rink - and not many bother with studded tires out this way.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Well the BIG storm was a bit of a fizzle after all was said and done.

Yes it did snow a lot - about 6 inches - and yes the winds were up, but not as sustained as they were predicted to be nor as gusty as they were supposed to be - and yes it did warm up and turn to rain last night. It went from -12 to +8 in about 6 hours and it rained for most of the night. This morning the temp was -4 when I poked my nose out from under the covers. I saw my shadow, so I had to get up.

Amazing how much snow the rain melted away. Now everything is coated in layers and layers of ice. Nasty walking or driving conditions out there. Tonight is is predicted to go to -12 and tomorrow's high is supposed to be only -10. Tuesday is going to be even colder. More snow forecast for Wednesday.

I sure hope they are out there salting and sanding the roads all over the region(s). If they miss any is will be like driving on a skating rink - and not many bother with studded tires out this way.
I would think that if any pathways, driveways etc weren't cleared before the next bout of snow it would
be pretty ugly and hard work doing so afterward, what with such a thick crust of ice beneath it.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
We received another 6 to 8 inches last night . Roads snow covered and temp now at -8 C. Me and the dog staying home today.
Steve

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Good idea Steve. No sense taking unnecessary chances. :Don't Go There:\

We're scheduled for another bout of snow, then rain, then ice pellets, and lastly a big freeze up. All to take place over 24 to 36 hours. :Really Mad:

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I used to make it in no matter how roads were. Some while lived a few blocks away would call in. 4 or 5 years ago I ended up in the ditch. Did not damage car but cost me $100 to get pulled out. After that I just stay home. They give me so many vacation days I can't use them if I don't stay home.
Steve

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
sun was out today, sitting in t shirt at picnic table at oceans edge..dead calm...(on the place across water from north CAMPBELL river..... had a King Tide yesterday, water up to the grass......
back to NANAIMO around thursday.....GEEZ, i hear there is a looooong honey do list waiting...

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Little nippy this a.m.

Sun's up, it's a bit cloudy up there, and the breeze is making the -13 feel like -21 right now.

I feel for Gunseller Steve...... he's right in line of the arctic flow :Doh!:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
LOL! Went down to minus ONE last night. :Yikes!:
Now sitting at our predicted daily high of zero.
Down to minus eight they say tonight.
A few flurries, but really small granular stuff & rather light (not sticking to the lawn that genuinely needs a cutting already).
Bloody windy all night and still continuing though...

With the garlic up about a foot already, I played it on the safe side and put up it's greenhouse covers.
Ain't taking any chances with my babies!! small wink

Predicted to run like this for three or four days...

Oh The HORROR!! :ROFL:

Cheers,
Nog

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
-33 this morning in Giscome, and now it's blowing 30kph hour winds and the snow is drifting....you lucky souls that live on the island just don't know how good you have it, time to quit complaining about ferries when you get winter weather with flowers blooming in february....

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
A bit cloudy but a nice warm breeze this morning...several people out on their morning walks while wearing shorts.

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
sun was out today, sitting in t shirt at picnic table at oceans edge..dead calm...(on the place across water from north CAMPBELL river..... had a King Tide yesterday, water up to the grass......
back to NANAIMO around thursday.....GEEZ, i hear there is a looooong honey do list waiting...
came home Saturday, been busy,now its Monday, -5cel. and snowing...... should have stayed up on the little island.....:Doh!:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Cool over night - down to minus 5 not the eight predicted.
Fair bit of breeze as well.
But NO Snow?
Lawns were glass-like but green this am.
Used to be if anywhere on the Island got hit with the white stuff, we were it.
Not the case for the past couple years now, and certainly not the case again with this go...
Still happy the garlic got covered, they look just fine...

Now "up" to minus two - likely close to the high for the day.

Toughing it out... :highly_amused:

Cheers,
Nog

Top Bottom