Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

weather in your town.....where's the snow at ??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:20)

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
It's -5.5c as I type while sipping my morning coffee and listening to neighbours
scratching and shoveling snow off their vehicles and driveways. We only got about
8-10cm overnight by the looks of it through the window but I'm too comfortable
inside to check it out. Supposed to warm up and be clear today so I'll wait until then
to clear off the truck and driveway. One of the benefits of retirement...the lazy option, lol!

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Up to plus one today under sunny skies.
Down to minus 6 tonight, then minus 1 for the high tomorrow.
Snow starts again tomorrow, and is scheduled to fall through to Saturday...

Interesting weather alright... :disgust:

Nog

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Just now slowed down in the snow department - gotta be at least a foot on the ground and as much as 4 times that amount for drifts in some places. The vehicles out there are frozen (of course) in this -18 (windchill) temp and the snow is very dry, blowing off the cars and piling up in curious ways.... Looks like the Fonz's hairdo with all the waves and ridges. :Yikes!:

No freezing rain as of yet, and that is a good thing. Gotta go out tomorrow and see if I can find the driveway with the now blower......:Black Eye:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Minus two.
Snowing, going to more of the same overnight, then potential for rain tomorrow, followed by more snow.
With the evening temps well below zero, it seems we will vary between slushy stuff and curling rink status for the next few. :Yikes!:

Getting thin... :Behave:

Nog

Bow Walker

Reaction score
First time I've had a "snow day" and missed work because of the weather out here and that was yesterday. Just too much snow, blowing snow, and "P" poor visibility to try to get into work.

This morning at 05:00 the driveway was under a good 14" of the white stuff - and under that was 3" of solid ice. I was supposed to be at work for 06:30 but I opted to wait for daylight so I could snow blow the driveway and make sure I could not only get out, but that I could get back in after work.

I was 6 hours late for work but I did get there and managed to give them 5 hours before heading home. :Black Eye:

Hellova long day for this olde pharte.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
First time I've had a "snow day" and missed work because of the weather out here and that was yesterday. Just too much snow, blowing snow, and "P" poor visibility to try to get into work.

This morning at 05:00 the driveway was under a good 14" of the white stuff - and under that was 3" of solid ice. I was supposed to be at work for 06:30 but I opted to wait for daylight so I could snow blow the driveway and make sure I could not only get out, but that I could get back in after work.

I was 6 hours late for work but I did get there and managed to give them 5 hours before heading home. :Black Eye:

Hellova long day for this olde pharte.
A heck of a long day for anyone sir!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Yup! I'm beginning to realize that I'm not 40 (or even 50) any more..... :hopelessness:
This is the first year I haven't gone about shoveling or helping to shovel neighbour's driveways.
I can still do it, but there are several much younger people available to do it so I think it's their
turn to step forward. I take this stance because I realized that I'm one of the oldest buggers within
several houses in all directions and every household has able bodied younger generations nearby.
I saw a lady across the street who is suffering with cancer go out and clean off her car as well as her
very able bodied 20 something son's car and then shovel out her driveway in order for her son to go
to his job as a fitness instructor. He's the laziest (**) I've ever seen. He will walk by the empty garbage
cans by the curb without bringing them in, leaving them there for his mom to get them.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
I am setting in a motel 20 miles from home
It is snowing so hard here I can not see the road. $80 for a room or $100 to get towed out plus damages to truck. I went for the room. Winter is starting to suck. I will skip work tomarrow. Take a vacation day.
Steve

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I am setting in a motel 20 miles from home
It is snowing so hard here I can not see the road. $80 for a room or $100 to get towed out plus damages to truck. I went for the room. Winter is starting to suck. I will skip work tomarrow. Take a vacation day.
Steve
When you see how crazy fast some people drive in poor or no visibility now-a-days
I think you are wise. On the news today was a huge multi-vehicle pileup and the video
showed so many vehicles going ultra-fast despite it being a whiteout. My wife and I had
the wits scared out of us while driving on one of the freeways in central California a few
years ago. It was so foggy I could barely see the tail lights of the transport in front of me.
He was driving low as was I but the traffic in the fast lane were all going the speed limit or
more even though they couldn't see more than 2 car lengths in front of them...just simply
crazy insane stupidity! No wonder they have 50-150 vehicle pileups!!

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Or you could look at it another way...there's a reason you didn't try and go into work.
It could have cost you a lot more in pain and financial costs if you crashed or someone
crashed into you.
Absolutely Dave.
I'm really careful when having to drive in conditions that are less than favorable. But - there are always unforeseen circumstances and then there is always "the other guy" out there.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Take your time and be safe. We received about 3 to 4 CMA of snow last night but now we are getting lite rain at-2c. With ice on road wife days I need to skip work today.
Steve

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Ya, thanks Steve. I've got lots of time but only one life so I'll be careful.

Besides, my two dogs are waiting at home for me - not to mention the "little woman"..... :Oh Yeah!:

Winter sure seems to be dragging her feet about being done with us this year. Is it just me or is She hanging on far too long?

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Dogs and wife will be there when you get there. Take your time and get there. Until the first of the year we had an easy winter with little snow but sense Jan 1 it had made up for the slow start. From Jan 1 to date we are at 4 times average snow fall and temps ate running on the low side.
Steve

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Winter is a long time leaving here. Forecast for Sunday night is a temp of -14f. If I did it correct that makes it -82c. It is still snuggly wearher. In 2 months crops should be being g planted here. So far ice fishing is going well.
Steve

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Winter is dragging her feet around here too Steve...

Northern outflow winds, courtesy of the jet stream and that causes anything coming our way to be in the form of that awful "S" word..... wtfe

This Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday are forecast to be days of "flurries, ice pellets, and freezing rain" :stinky:

The middle of April can't come soon enough for my liking.:Here's Wishing: :Owned:

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Got up this morning to 62f. Furnace was out. Dropped an other 5 degrees before furnace guy got here. I though the blower motor went out. It ended up just being the capacator.
Steve

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Just starting to snow out there now... supposed to be a 25 - 30 cm dump when it decides to stop.

That's about a foot of the fluffy, white stuff. Is this March or what!?! :What?:

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
We are -8f this morning. Saturday is to be rain and 39f. If it is a good rain like they are predicting it should get rid of most of our snow. March in like a lion out like a lamb.
Steve

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Have faith, in like a lion, out like a lamb. just like Steve says it'll be to hot and dry soon, AHHHH the weather.

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Rain yesterday. Got up to heavy fog this morning. House is 50 meters off pavement and I can not see the pavement. Spring is here, should be around 50f for high for the next week. Starting to see a few snow geese.
Steve

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Bit of a warming trend of late. +5 with a southerly breeze which is doing quite the number on the snow pack in the back yard and on the back deck.

All we need now is to get rid of the minus temps at night and this stuff would not form skating rinks for the morning commute(s).....

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Forecast high of 11 here today, and I'm still stuck inside, :Really Mad: but on the mend.
Well, it's great to read that you're on the mend...hope CC is as well. That was one heck of a long bout of flu.
Glad I didn't stop by and catch it but I did pick up a very nasty cold from someone on the 'Rock.' Just starting
to break now as well.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
+6 today, foggy with a drizzle, and almost no wind. Tonight it'll go down to between -4 and -7 so all that snow melt will freeze.

The snow is going fast - can true Spring be far away now?

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I’be been out in the yard cleaning up the flower beds etc for the past 3 hours in 14c sunshine and wearing shorts. Got a call from my brother living down by the river to tell me the swallows have finally arrived

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
14 here this afternoon too, although quite overcast & threatening a little sky-water.
Up to 18 or maybe even 20 by midweek!!! :Oh Yeah!:

Pruning the last of the fruit trees tomorrow, finally taking the greenhouse covers off the rather twisty garlic, and readying the beds for spring!!!

Here's Hoping!! :Here's To Ya:

Cheers,
Nog

358win

THE WEATHERMAN
Reaction score
Nanaimo is looking at expecting plenty of sunshine this week with temps of 16-17 degrees Monday, Tuesday + Wednesday!

Time to fertilize the rhubarb that is poking out :Oh Yeah!:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Nanaimo is looking at expecting plenty of sunshine this week with temps of 16-17 degrees Monday, Tuesday + Wednesday!

Time to fertilize the rhubarb that is poking out :Oh Yeah!:
I have a large clump of rhubarb that’s been growing at the edge of my vegetable garden for at least 40 years. Every so often I have to chop and dig chunks off it to keep it producing large and healthy stalks. I try to give the chopped roots away but most everyone I know has some already from that original plant.

Top Bottom