Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
Last Friday it was fresh BBQed salmon and backed beans, Sat. it was thick BBQed steaks and fresh caught crab, and lunch Sunday was Clam linguini. We eat well in goose camp.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
My manfolk want pasta night.... so fresh ground moose and homemade tomato sauce to top fresh pasta .... thinking going a step farther and making a batch of spinach pasta dough ........

Spinach pasta was a home run

Last edited:

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Ali - I seriously doubt that you have ever had anything other than home-runs come out of your kitchen, ever!

In fact - I'd bet on it.
welllllllllll,

Peter saw the green dough and wasn’t too sure but he really loved the tecture and taste so I was pleased.....

As for strike outs .... I have had one that I am reminded of quite often by all..... make note never use provolone cheese in mashed potatoes

Lol
Lol

stevo911

Long-Time Member
I've got veal cutlets thawing right now, no idea what I'm gonna do with them. I don't really want to bread/fry them (as tasty as schniztel is, I'm doing the low-carb thing).
Any suggestions?

*EDIT*
Looks like I'm gonna do veal saltimbocca - sounds tasty (veal + sage + prosciutto crudo pan fried in with a wine + lemon juice + butter pan sauce)

Last edited:
Thread starter #1,863

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Mmm mmm mmm my piece of paradise eats....

Stone Sheep tenderloin.... “Gourmet Goddess Broil Style”

It was heavenly and I can’t wait to try out all the new recipes swimming in my brain......

View attachment 16044

Heh Ali is posting up some good eats, wonder if it could be ...................... it is sheep tenderloin ! :Hungry:

Tonight will be a little pork loin roast marinated with "stuff" and then done on the Q.

I'll do some taters with red onion slices, some cauli, and some beans.

No drinks or wine though..... I'm not allowed to drink while on these heavy antibiotics, more's the pity. :grumpy:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
Dan, I have broken up countless fights over the years by grabbing a tail and have never been bit, when you reach into the business end of a dogfight odds are you are almost always in trouble.

*Disclaimer*
This tactic does not work well with Dobbies, Boxers or Rotties.

:ROFL:

stevo911

Long-Time Member
I've got pork shoulder & kabocha squash in the slow cooker with pooptake mushrooms (apparently the forum sensors the correc spelling!), a bunch of ginger, some garlic, and some other odds and end. I think my place is going to smell pretty tasty when I get home tonight!

Last edited:

gunseller

And it looks like the gene is out of the bottle. I am about ready for breakfast and that really is getting me started. The fish looks and sounds great as well.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Ho Ho! Last minute changes to our cuisine...as I'm the cheif cook and bottle washer right now,
and we were having our daughter and son-in-law over this evening for supper, I had planned
on cooking a chicken- broccoli casserole with creamy mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and Brussels
sprouts, and accompanied with lightly toasted garlic bread. Homemade apple pie with ice cream or
whipped cream for desert. Unfortunately something came up with them so the dinner is postponed
until Monday evening. Consequently we're having Corn dogs and maybe a Caesar salad instead, lol!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Necessity is the mother of invention Dave.
Well, my wife and I were at the PNE last year and tried Corn Dogs, actually finding them quite good.
After eating some this evening I can only surmise that we liked them because we were very hungry
at the time. Something like when coming into camp after an all day trek when just about anything
edible tastes great. I'm glad I only bought a little box of them, lol!

gunseller

Had a guy in the town where I live that spent several years on making the best corn dogs. He put a little more sugar in the batter. He sold them at fair around Iowa and people sometimes only came to the fair if he was going to be there.
Fox can you email me some of that? It looks so good.
Steve

Top Bottom