Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
DAMN IT MATT !!

Now I'm drooling all over the keyboard - it's getting up to that time where I have to think about what to prepare for tonight's nosh.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Nuttin' special last night - just cut up some potatoes, some squash, a bit of onion and tossed them in some olive oil and oregano, basil, and thyme.... then into a roasting pan and laid chicken pieces of everything - s&p'd the whole mess and into the oven it went.

I'm still here so I guess it was OK.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Last night's boar ribs:

Some parmigiana pasta and a Caesar salad, a little splash of good red and Walla! Yummy!! :Oh Yeah!:

On the deals front, I wandered by Quality Foods late yesterday afternoon.
They had their postickers on for 1/2 price as their "Appy Hour" special. :Yikes!:
Only had two cases of them left!!
So I grabbed them ALL!! :victorious:

Potstickers & Wings night here tonight! small wink

Cheers,
Nog

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Just scarfed down on a butterflied lamb leg that I marinated in some olive oil, a touch of soy sauce, crushed garlic, oregano, rosemary, and some fresh ground black pepper.

Accompanied by roasted root veggies topped with a generous dollop of sour cream.

No vino tonight - gotta be up by 5, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed......

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
Kale/onion/sprout salad, boiled tads,broccoli and sausages........couple CORONA....
did not feel like getting very exotic tonight......... dog been looking kinda funny at me . guess its time i went home ....

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Kale/onion/sprout salad, boiled tads,broccoli and sausages........couple CORONA....
did not feel like getting very exotic tonight......... dog been looking kinda funny at me . guess its time i went home ....
Lonely up there with just your dog and the "double-enders" Glenn???

(double-enders, also known as seagulls...... crap in one end and crap out the other all the time)

Is the dog looking at you kinda funny or are you making cow eyes at your four-legged friend because you miss the missus?? :Heh, heh, heh:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Ya gotta admit Matt - that right up there /\ is a hellova lot better looking AND tasting than those damned Sidewalk Shooters that you occasionally post up about..... :Heh, heh, heh:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
"Better looking and tasting" is of course subjective. small wink
The Lady & I very much do like our BarBee Smoked Oysters.
That said, the dish you were referring to was indeed excellent.
And the leftovers were very fine unto themselves... :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
LOL on you Gents. :highly_amused:
She is a fair bit larger than you are assuming.
3.5 year old Whitetail Dry Doe from the OK this fall.
Bigger than the vast majority of our mature Island Bucks.
Well larded up, should be fine vittles.

Will try to remember to post a pix... small wink

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Makes my mouth water just thinking about a nice WT doe steak......or roast....some of the best eats around.
True that.
Regardless of what else I head out to hunt, The Missiz DEMANDS her whitetails!
Literally shoves me out the door and says not to return until I am dragging home her favorite vittles!

Ghawd I LOVE that Lady!! :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
took out what I thought was a roast 2 nights ago but it turns out it was 2 chunks of shank meat and some miscellaneous meat so when I went to cook it last night we decided to change plans. took about 1/2 an hour to fillet out all the silver skin and cube it up. coated them with flour, fast fried it in hot oil and will make a stew out of it tonight if my wife has not put it in the slow cooker already today

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
DAMN IT MATT !!

Now I'm drooling all over the keyboard - it's getting up to that time where I have to think about what to prepare for tonight's nosh.
Just remember folks, DAN just has to walk to the sea and ''pick up''several atlantic lobstar'' as they sleep in the tidal pools :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Top Bottom