Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
Dinner tomorrow will be a Pork Roast, cooked in the camper, on the shore of the Nimpkish River. Maybe some beets and a salad to go with it. And a nice glass of wine. It is Valentines Day in case you guys have forgotten.
I knew when I met you,you were a man who knew how to do things right.....your post only confirms I was correct !!:Hungry::Oh Yeah!:

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Reaction score
Probably the best way to serve Pork Chops.
Try letting them sit in a puddle of this maranade and then give them a taste of the frying pan just until the juices start to turn from pink to clear....

1/4 olive oil
3/4 soy sauce
crushed fresh garlic cloves to taste
fresh cracked pepper to taste
dried oregano leaves
little bit of rosemary (dried or fresh)
Mix concoction well and let the chops lie in lie in there for about 30 minutes - turn to coat well - just before frying them.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Geez you two..... I'm gaining weight just thinking of those meals and the accompanying side dishes plus the liquid refreshments that would be served both prior to the events and during the nosh event itself. :hopelessness:

Last night I did a NY Striploin Roast for the love of my life. The fire gods were smiling upon me because I somehow got it cooked just right for her. So my lunch at Labor today was a great sandwich made form the leftovers.... sourdough bread slathered in my horseradish-mayo and liberally sprinkled with fresh ground black pepper.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
... its all good .....now that BOAR is open season/all year long, gotta find out where NOG hunts 'em on the island !
LOL! Not on The Rock my Friend. The only piggies I get in on out here are the ones with fences around them. small wink
My Buddy bowhunts them at a friend's ranch over in Alberta.
Was trying to get in on that gig, but the Alberta gov slammed in a whack of new regulations which makes that type of operation very VERY uneconomic.
So alas, it won't occur...

Still debating on tonight's din-din...

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
... and inspired by Nog will have a can of smoked oysters for my seafood side.
She Who Rules gave an appreciative nod to that suggestion CS. small wink
So maybe... However in our case, they must be smoked on the BarBeee...

Still debating as She wants me to wrap some scallops in bacon, and run a skewer or two of prawns to go with...

Hmmmm.... Decisions Decisions... :What?:

Cheers,
Nog

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
She Who Rules gave an appreciative nod to that suggestion CS. small wink
So maybe... However in our case, they must be smoked on the BarBeee...

Still debating as She wants me to wrap some scallops in bacon, and run a skewer or two of prawns to go with...

Hmmmm.... Decisions Decisions... :What?:

Cheers,
Nog
Got to thinking, I can have something to eat before heading off to work. SO....rainbow trout fried like my mom used to do them, and some french fries. Hard to beat rainbows from cold water lakes up here.

Bow Walker

Reaction score
No amount of bbq sauce, hot sauce, or seasoning would ever make those things palatable to me.

I'm what is known as a lost cause when it comes to them...:disgust:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
No - not muscles, at least the human kind....

BUT!! I will eat mussels, and clams, and abalone, and escargots, and...... :Hungry:

I love to do escargots in little crusty bread bun "boats" and the smother them in Alfredo sauce. :Here's To Ya:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Not feeling grand today. Dunno if it's that damn flu, or just shrugging something else off... :upset:

Comfort Food Required.
So, New England Clam Chowder, Sourdough Baguette, and finally getting to those bacon wrapped scallops from the other day methinks...

Yep, that aught to do it!

Here's Hoping! :Here's To Ya:
Nog

NAHMINT II

Reaction score
Big bowl of ''perry-winkles'' dipped in malt vinegar and heavy salt.(basalmic works too).
Manhatten (red) clam chowder works). but I just can't get my head around eating oysters......little neck and manila clams, bring them on ,mussels if fresh......scallops and bacon:Hungry:....abalone , :Don't Go There::Don't Go There:.... I have had PSP/RED TIDE contaminated clams x2.....once from nanoose bay.....sick 2 days and once from BOAT HARBOR cedar area.....that almost killed me..........I have eaten clams just 2 times in the past 12 years.....each time I rub one on my lips and wait about 15 minutes
(Old Shimshan ''trick'') N'Gish-ka........before eating....still leary....

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Ground Turkey burgers with steamed veggies.....

I might caramelize some yellow onions and add some fried mushrooms and then stir in some balsamic vinegar to top the burgers.... depends on how lazy I feel or if I'm too hungry to pharte around like that..

robert5

Reaction score
Breaded chicken cutlets with baby spuds smothered in home made mushroom gravy with baby bok choy.
Home made blackberry & blueberry pie.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
I obviously don't get enough sea food...as it always looks so good. Shrimp, lobster, halibut, abalone, west coast fish chowder....all on my favorites list !!

Last night we suffered through elk tenderloin and salad.....not sure what's on our menu for tonight!

Top Bottom