Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
I obviously don't get enough sea food...as it always looks so good. Shrimp, lobster, halibut, abalone, west coast fish chowder....all on my favorites list !!

Last night we suffered through elk tenderloin and salad.....not sure what's on our menu for tonight!
Really feel sorry and compassionate for you having to suffer so terribly...not!

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Reaction score
Little salmon tonight
I was asked to judge a salmon bbq competition couple years ago and also to do a demonstration.... talk about pressure..... being a judge and having to do a bbq salmon demo, ya better be sure your bbq salmon is worthy to top out the winner......

So pick out one of my best recipes that has blown out everyone’s tastebuds.... I had to chose my go to that my dad taught me....

Well that’s what’s for dinner tonight.... only slightly modefied because every recipe I do can always be improved upon to suit any personal preferance.....

There will be an added element to this particular salmon dinner.....

446EBD8D-2E39-4011-B9B0-F917A84C1E93.jpeg

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Reaction score
Little salmon tonight
I was asked to judge a salmon bbq competition couple years ago and also to do a demonstration.... talk about pressure..... being a judge and having to do a bbq salmon demo, ya better be sure your bbq salmon is worthy to top out the winner......

So pick out one of my best recipes that has blown out everyone’s tastebuds.... I had to chose my go to that my dad taught me....

Well that’s what’s for dinner tonight.... only slightly modefied because every recipe I do can always be improved upon to suit any personal preferance.....

There will be an added element to this particular salmon dinner.....

View attachment 18027
I swear I live with vultures.... before I can get pictures, there is only a skeleton left

ianwuzhere

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
some yummy lookin stuff..
im just waiting for the rice and elk burger to cook to make some wraps..

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Welcome Rhino. :Hi:

Lobster used to be (back in the day) a poor man's meal.... fast forward to late 1900's and my how things have changed.... :What?:

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Inch-and-a-half thick "Lil Abners" are resting in a shallow bath of olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic, fresh cracked black pepper, and a splash of Soy sauce for the Umami component of the dish. They will be seared in a hot pan and then finished off in the oven while I manage the veggies that will complete the meal.

That's how I try to make pork chops sound appetizing...........:J/K: They will taste amazing because I have done this type of thing many times before. :Hungry:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Welcome Rhino. When Dale and I went back to shoot with Cory and Wes we went to Red Lobster all you can eat shrimp, their stock took a huge hit hit on the TSE the next day.

:Hungry:

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
It's actually amazing how many members have very good to extraordinary culinary skills.
Some of the pictures not only show wonderfully displayed foods, but just how perfectly
cooked their various meats are.....and then you have me. I subscribe to the notion that
ketchup fixes just about everything. Today I learned that charcoal black salmon and copious
amounts of ketchup actually tastes quite good. I cooked a couple of thick salmon patties
just right on the first side, but after flipping them over, a neighbour distracted me long enough
that the second sides were black. Oh you could see a couple of tiny spots that still had a hint
of pink, but the rest was very black. Fortunately the inside was still fine and the dog loved his
charcoal salmon...and with the addition of ketchup I liked mine as well.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
New for some, old for us recipe for crabs tonight.
Unexpected delivery today, and simply could not pass even though it has only been a week...

Stay Tuned... small wink

Nog

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
Inch-and-a-half thick "Lil Abners" are resting in a shallow bath of olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic, fresh cracked black pepper, and a splash of Soy sauce for the Umami component of the dish. They will be seared in a hot pan and then finished off in the oven while I manage the veggies that will complete the meal.

That's how I try to make pork chops sound appetizing...........:J/K: They will taste amazing because I have done this type of thing many times before. :Hungry:
that's how I cook Cape Breton steak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mon amis

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
CC took me out tonight after spending most of the day under the kitchen sink. Prawn Pakura, fresh Nan. red butter chicken and mango prawn curry with rice. I need a recliner.

robert5

Reaction score
Had oysters in panco with home made bread tonight.
I have a question, bought a Canadian northern white fish from Super store and I do not have experience cooking
this. Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Left overs tonight from a dinner that turned out great that I cooked for my visiting
daughter and son-in-law last night. I partially fried chicken breasts in olive oil, removed
them and diced them, and then mixed the diced meat in with special stewed and chopped
tomatoes, brown sugar, onion, tomato paste and a bit of ketchup ( one of my wife's best recipes)
to finish cooking. While this was cooking I fried several grouse breasts in copious amounts of
butter, made creamy and buttery mashed potatos, and steamed baby carrots, broccoli, and
cauliflower. There was cherry pie with ice cream or cherry jello for desert. Good thing I cooked
lots because I barely had enough left over for tonight. Both the grouse and chicken offerings
disappeared fast. Kind of getting into this cooking sort of thing I must admit, lol.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Times have changed. During the first approximately 10 years married I was quite successful
in bringing home a lot of wild meats, including moose, deer, birds, and fish, and had a large
productive vegetable garden. I wasn't working full time so it helped a lot. It also helped many
of my new relatives, a brother's family, my grandmother, and a couple of neighbour families as
well....all of which were struggling financially at the time as well. It was very common to have these
people over for supper every week. Funny thing though after all the years have gone by, only one
neighbour has brought it up and thanked us for our help several times. Several relatives have died
since then, but of those still around, none have spoken about those hard times in a thankful light even
once when we've talked about old times. Would I do it again...yes, but it is a sore spot with me I must
admit, especially considering how much time, money, and resources my wife and I put out for them.

robert5

Reaction score
Good for you Big Lew, the reward is with self satisfaction within yourself and your wife and that makes you both feel good. To many people have a very short memory. Put the sore spot away and move on, life is to short as we find out when we get older with our new life challenges. Good on you!

Bow Walker

Reaction score
Bubble n Squeak for me last eve..... to tired to bother doing anything more.

Besides - it's a good fridge-cleaner, providing you have the spuds for the base of the dish.

Top Bottom