Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Every now and then I screw up just a little bit, but that often turns around to be actually rather damn good!
In this case, I took a section of last fall's Blacktail Backstrap out of the freezer, prepped a great marinade, and settled the meat into it.
Went to put it in the fridge, and realized I already had steaks ready to go for that eve.
And of course the next night was my birthday session of the Port Alberni Diner's Club,.
So, the backstrap sat in the marinade for two full days, stirring to ensure full coverage from time to time.

Last night it was up. Looked great right from the start:

A quick sear then a low & slow cook on the BarBee:

Perfection:

\

And Presentation:

Served with corn on the cob, an excellent Asiago & fresh Cracked Pepper rice.
Tenderest Blacktail we have had all year, you could literally cut it with your fork!
The wine was a very good Malbec from Argentina that more resembled a Shiraz to me, but was an excellent compliment to the meal overall.

Sometimes folks ask me why I hunt.
This is but one of my answers...

Cheers,
Nog

Bow Walker

SGT MAJOR IN DUMBELDORE'S ARMY.
Reaction score
Then - onto the Q to prepare for the table. I'll serve it with some fresh veggies that the company we have bought at the market last Saturday.

We'll be opening our sixth bottle of grape red juice since they've been here. Just the one of white....

Midnight-new-b.png

Pinot Grigio.jpg

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Second try with the slow cooker and pork tenderloins with decent results but still need to cut the time back a bit. I put a thermometer in when I removed the 2 small roasts which showed 180 degrees. Want it down to 165-170 degrees. The meat was so tender I couldn’t slice it evenly with my sharpest knife.

robert5

Reaction score
So after watching people smoke things I decided to smoke pork ribs in my big chief smoker. Used Stumbs pork rub and mesquite chips for about 8 hours then on the bbq for a short while. I call them DELUXE. Yes I know this does not have the presentation of others on this site. lol but the taste was there.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
So after watching people smoke things I decided to smoke pork ribs in my big chief smoker. Used Stumbs pork rub and mesquite chips for about 8 hours then on the bbq for a short while. I call them DELUXE. Yes I know this does not have the presentation of others on this site. lol but the taste was there.View attachment 18307
My favorite way to do ribs

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
She Who Rules called & suggested FISH tonight. :disgust:
Given the circumstances of late, I initially was hesitant.
However, as usual hubby behavior insists, I did end up capitulating.
So - likely Ling Cod off the BarBee on Basmati methinks...

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Crabs will be landing this afternoon.
Only a week late, but I feel the need.
Likely a Caesar Salad and some kind of rice to compliment methinks...

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
DAMMIT!! :Behave:

Crabs did not make it once again :HUH?:

Little ticked alright, but just as the bad news hit, another buddy called with a small handful of nice fresh oysters! COOL! :Oh Yeah!:

Managed to sweet talk him out of a wee handful of medium prawns when I picked those up.

Menu change.
Houston, we have lift-off... :Heh, heh, heh:

:Here's To Ya:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score

Finally!!
Got the call last night, please drop by.
Apologies for the inconvenience, here's six on us as our way of saying sorry. :Yikes!:
Think I'll be sticking with that crew??
Damn Straight!! :Oh Yeah!:

Made them take a few sheckles for their gas etc, - they tried to decline. Didn't work. small wink

Cheers,
Nog

Top Bottom