Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Looks like some kind of steak and taters on the barby tonight. Slice taters in slabs and put some olive oil on each side with seasoning of your choice. Then grill until done over low heat. Almost as good as steak. Top everything with an adult beverage or 3 and llife is good.
Steve

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
Used an old Cabelas gift card I found from Xmas and bought an electric meat grinder. No more cranking my ass off with Grannie's old hand grinder. Time to knock out some Noah's Ark Burgers

From working antique to kitchen ornament

Image result for old hand meat grinder images
And I thought you were going green to save the planet for some one that has been using an electric grinder all their lives.
Steve

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
It's been green salads with a variety of veggies and raspberries thrown in as the main
course accompanied by either cod or haddock for the last 3 days. Don't know about
this 'eating healthy' thing...doesn't fill a body up like meat, potatoes, green peas all
covered in rich salty gravy which in turn is smothered in ketchup.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Reaction score
Chicken breast sauteed in mushroom soup and sliced rooms...served on a bed of rice [sprinkled with cajun seasoning] and a side of brussel sprouts slathered with real butter and a sprinkle of salt. LOL and washed down with of all things...chocolate milk.

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Chunk of Moose Sirloin (on the Barbee after marinating), Garlic Scapes & Spare Gooses (earliest the garlic has ever produced these!) and either baby taters 'n onions or pasta...

Cheers,
Nog

PS: MERLOT!!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Reaction score
Am cleaning out my pantry. Found 8 jars of canned purple plums and 9 jars of pickled beets
that were both 4 years old but still taste alright. They have lost some of their great flavour so
I've thrown them out. Apparently if the seals haven't be violated, home canned goods can be
safe for many years. With it just being me, it doesn't make too much sense to go to all the trouble
of canning. There are other bottled foods in the pantry that I might find to be even older once
I get back to them.

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Pineapple belongs on a dessert plate or in a drink - definitely NOT on a pizza.

Never was a fan of fruit in or on my savory foods.....

Berries in salads? :Na-ahh:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Great Inspiration Foxey!
Crab, prawns, squid & halibut seafood pasta tonight.
With a splash if her favorite beeno of course... :Oh Yeah!:

Cheers,
Nog

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Yes Dan, A Bud for me and Pinko Gringo(sp :yeah, right:) for CC. You think I'm delusional??? 2 crab left over. Thinking Crab omelets tonight

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Rib Eye Roast on the rotiss as I type. Partially frozen still so it should come out nice and red-to-pink (sorry Dave) in the middle.... Almost done for an early din-dins.

Tender, whatever way you cook them.

Of course there is the absolutely necessary grape juice. This one stands up very well to the rich, robust flavors of a Prime Rib.....

gunseller

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
BW that looks worth eating. The juice coming out of it says it is moist. Yea I could eat about the whole thing in one setting.
Steve

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
It's Fiddlehead Time!!!

qlSCwDK.jpg

Combined with a young whitetail sirloin steak and home-made garlic pasta, a meal fit for a King!

m2LGQiA.jpg

L4f2wQD.jpg

Cheers!
Nog
how were you able to stop eating long enough to get a picture half way through the meal......I would have had trouble stopping to take a breath in the middle of that scrumptious looking plate ...heheheheh

Top Bottom