Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Couple of beef tenderloin steaks from the last ridiculously low-priced sale at work.

Made a carrot/broccoli slaw and tossed in some fresh diced raw asparagus and fresh peas.

Pretty darned tasty if I do pat my own back on this one..... but the morning P was a bit smelly. :highly_amused:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
CC and I are meeting GLENN and Jackie for pasta night. No dishes.
You got it Nog, BBQed free range chicken, and something I have never eaten before Peccary ribs. Spud salad, tomatoes, home canned pickles, fresh buns and cob on the corn.
See the source image
So a report the Peccary ribs were awesome but to be hanest if they hadn't been a gift I don't think I'd pay the price. Pretty much just pork ribs IMHO

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
... So a report the Peccary ribs were awesome but to be honest if they hadn't been a gift I don't think I'd pay the price. Pretty much just pork ribs IMHO
Then you got the "farmed" version.
Was waiting to see what you thought... LOL
Shot a handful of them. Ate ONE little guy.
Gave away ALL the rest over the years as I simply could not stand them. :disgust:
The wild ones are NASTY Buddy!

Cheers,
Nog

PS: Potstickers & Wings night here...

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Did my version of potato salad last night - to go with our Lil Abners.

Sure the salad had the usual ingredients like potatoes and eggs, but I| got 'creative' and threw in some shredded carrot, some chopped green onions, some fresh peas, and then I spiked the dressing with horseradish. It looked like a big mish-mash of vegetables all dressed up with no where to go except down my cake-hole.....:highly_amused:

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Reaction score
Boar chops tonight.

Company coming tomorrow.
Took out a while Whitetail Inside Round, and will be rendering it into chunks right shortly, then marinading overnight.
Handful of veggies and some skewers to pick up to complete the Bobs.
Corn ON the Cob, and a cold salad of yet-to-be-determined type.
Copious quantities of a good Red.

Cheers,
Nog

NAHMINT II

Moderator, Backwoods Barista
Reaction score
Boat just about ready to launch..came inside..wife had taken out a small beef roast. last night..made roast potatoes,breaded panfried carrots...the frikken roast tasted like tough liver / aged seal and smelled worse......she went with the roast to ''get her money back''. !I'm finishing off the rum.... should of had tube steak !!!!

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
went to a secret little spot in the woods close to town planning a wienie roast saturday but everyone wanted to leave early to go to an outside movie/fest at rocky point instead ....hmmmmm.. I had to pack up our camp chairs from around the fire next to the river drive back to town and set them up in amongst a mass of people next to a generator and I missed out on fire roasted dogs...had them boiled for sunday dinner instead..doh!

Top Bottom