Welcome to True North Outdoor Hunting Forum - British Columbia and Beyond

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
had a few of the fresh caught prawns last night...As it was my first time catching prawns, i was surprised to see some other critters in the trap.....we got 1 octopus and about 10 or so of these things that looked like a cross between a crab and a shrimp...google indicates to me that they are called squat lobster or pinch bugs or perhaps lagostinas...what do local folks call them?squatlob.png

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Tried "butter baked steak" tonight. Sear both sides in garlic butter, ad another dob of butter to the top of each steak and bake for 4-5 min @ 400. Not going to give up BBQing but it was so tender we cut a 1.5" steak wih a fork and talk about juicy.
:Oh Yeah!: :Oh Yeah!:

:Hungry:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Butter Chicken for me, prawn/mango curry for CC, wit a pint each, pakora, nan and papadum. wasn't meant as a game just way to hungry to type on the little cel keys. lol

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./,Cedar BC
Reaction score
Tonight it was javelina Ribs on the Q, tater salad coleslaw. I personally liked them better than the peccary. My buddy says he will get me Wild Boar ribs next. Sorry only an after pic, way to hungry to stop till devoured.

:Hungry:

ribs.jpg

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
I'll be AFTK (away from the keyboard) by the time I cook the dinner, but we plan on having a couple of thick AAA rib steaks and a few humongous prawns for our 25th anniversary this coming Monday.

Accompanied by a good bottle of red........... :Oh Yeah!:

wideopenthrottle

Long-Time Member
Reaction score
nothing wild in last nights bbq but we had lots of veg from the garden....we picked up some premarinaded curried chicken from the east indian meat shop and I dug up some new potatoes, and seasoned them with sage, bay, rosemary, oregano and chives from the garden...also shucked a few of the scarlet runner beans that had gotten too old to eat pod and all, chopped a few cherry toms in half and also some green zuchinni and yellow zuch all from the garden...I added some store bought bell peppers and red onion smothered in olive oil and more of the fresh chopped herbs all in the BBQ basket...I will get to have it again at lunch today
:Oh Yeah!:

Bow Walker

RUFF N TUMBLE "LEGEND" IN MY OWN MIND.
Reaction score
Monday was our 25th and I had cut a couple 'special' rib eyes and gotten my mitts on a pound of 12-15 sized prawns. We enjoyed the dinner (obligatory salad to accompany) and a good bottle of red to boot.

Sorry, no pics. :OH-OH:

We traveled down to southern Nova Scotia to a rented cottage on the Roseway River. Turned out to be a fabulous weekend that was well worth the 520 km drive. The cottage was above and beyond our expectations - having a well stocked utensil drawer to go along with a very clean and modern fridge and stove. The bathroom even had a special chair for handicapped persons to sit and partake of a cleansing shower.

The meal turned out great! Very nice little gas bbq supplied with each cottage handled the steaks and the skewered prawns just nicely. Someone before us had left a sealed container of roasted garlic and red pepper seasoning so I mixed that with a little bit of veggie oil and marinated the prawns for a bit, while we enjoy a martini.

Highly recommend this place to anyone in the area...

http://rosewayrivercottages.com/

Top Bottom